Theatre Aspen's third annual Solo Flights festival of solo shows will be presented September 10-15 at the Hurst Theatre in Aspen, Colorado.
Launched in 2019, the developmental festival of solo shows features works in the beginning stages of their journeys. Solo Flights also includes talkbacks, creative discussions and panels, and special receptions.
The lineup of new work follows:
- Sparrows at the Bar, starring two-time Tony winner James Naughton (Chicago), written by Mike DiSalvo (Twelve Angry Men), and directed by Lucille Lortel Award winner Joe Calarco (Shakespeare’s R&J)
- Sidekicked, written by Kim Powers and directed by Obie winner Melia Bensussen (The Turn of the Screw)
- Sally: A Solo Play, starring Sabrina Sloan (Hamilton national tour), written by Sandra Seaton (From The Diary of Sally Hemings), and directed by Hannah Ryan
- Low Expectations, written by and starring Gotham Award nominee Michael Gaston (Power) and directed by Callaway Award winner Giovanna Sardelli (Animals Out of Paper); Daniel Pearce is the guitarist
- Avaaz, written by and starring Michael Shayan (The Book of Queer)
The week will also feature Fun Home Tony nominee Beth Malone and David Dyer in Malone Alone! A Special Solo Flights Concert September 11 at 7 PM.