Engaged, theatre-loving candidates are always welcome at Playbill.
Social Media Coordinator
Playbill is looking for an enthusiastic theatre lover to join its social team in the role of Social Media Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of Social Media and will play a large part in curating and deploying Playbill content over the brand’s social media channels. The role is also responsible for executing plans for sponsored content, producing event coverage for Playbill’s various social channels, and helping foster an online community for theatre artists and fans around the globe.
You Must Have:
- Previous professional social media experience for a brand or organization
- Advanced knowledge of the major social media platforms and social media publishing and analytic tools (Sprout Social, Crowd Tangle)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to use data analytics and an understanding of Playbill’s audience to help craft compelling organic and sponsored campaigns and generate social media reports
- A talent for strong and witty copy
- Strong radar for viral trends on Instagram and TikTok
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A love of the performing arts and an ever-expanding knowledge of showtune references
- A desire to spotlight and highlight diversity within the theatrical community
- Experience with audience management across various platforms
- Creative thinking in a fast-paced news environment
- Bonus points if you have videography, photography, live streaming, and/or graphic design skills, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva.
This is a full-time position with benefits (i.e. health insurance, vacation/sick time off, 401K, etc.)
Playbill currently has a hybrid (office/home) work environment with COVID-19 vaccination required. Employees are given the option to work from home Mondays and Fridays and required in office Tuesdays through Thursdays.
Position starts immediately.
To apply, please send a cover letter along with your resume and social media handles to [email protected] with subject header "Social Media Coordinator." Or instead of a standard cover letter, Playbill will also accept other creative formats that introduces you and your unique photo, video, and/or graphic design style (i.e. Instagram carousel, 30-45 second reel/TikTok, or YouTube Video, etc) along with your resume.
Data Entry/Customer Service (Part-Time)
Playbill.com had a recurring need for data entry/research personnel. Although there are no current openings, we are still accepting resumes which will be considered when an opening does arise.
* This is not a writing position.*
Primary duties will be reviewing and approving incoming content and interfacing (via email and phone) with customers. This portion of the job can be performed remotely, though merchandise fulfillment (once or twice a month for 6-8 hours) will require working at Playbill's Manhattan office.
Total number of hours will be around 10-20 hours/week at $16/hr.
Speed, accuracy and attention to detail are absolutely necessary. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with basic web technology including email, MS Office, Google Docs and online data entry.Requirements:
- Interest and knowledge in theatre
- Excellent written English skills
- Pleasant and patient when dealing with customers
EMPLOYEE WILL BE EXPECTED TO EXHIBIT EXCELLENT WORK HABITS. EXCESSIVE EMAIL, CHATTING, AND SOCIAL MEDIA USAGE WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION.
Please respond to: Human Resources, [email protected] and address with subject header "Playbill.com Data Entry Position".
Accepted resume formats are Word, RTF, plain text, or pasted into the body of the email. A cover letter and resume are required.