Cabaret mainstay Jeff Harnar will explore the songbook of Broadway and jazz songwriter Cy Coleman in a new album A Collective Cy: Jeff Harnar Sings Cy Coleman, releasing September 8 from PS Classics. The album is adapted from Harnar's stage show of the same name, created in collaboration with music director Alex Rybeck, who leads a full orchestra on the new release.
Harnar is joined by special guests for select tracks, with a roster including Ann Hampton Callaway, Liz Callaway, Nicolas King, Danny Bacher, and Sean Harkness. The release also features liner notes from David Zippel, who collaborated with Coleman as the lyricist on the Broadway musical City of Angels.
Harnar is also embarking on a concert tour to coincide with the album's release, which includes dates in Carmel, Indiana; St. Louis, Missouri; Chicaco, Illinois; London, England; and New York, New York throughout September and October. Additional dates are to be announced. Visit JeffHarnar.com for the full schedule.
Take a look at the full track listing for A Collective Cy: Jeff Harnar Sings Cy Coleman below:
1. "You Fascinate Me So" (lyric by Carolyn Leigh)
2. "My Personal Property" (lyric by Dorothy Fields, from the Sweet Charity film) / "My City" (lyric by Dorothy Fields, from Seesaw)
3. "It Amazes Me" (featuring Sean Harkness on guitar, lyric by Carolyn Leigh)
4. "I’ve Got Your Number" (featuring Ann Hampton Callaway, lyric by Carolyn Leigh, from Little Me)
5. "With Every Breath I Take" (lyric by David Zippel, from City of Angels)
6. "Rhythm of Life" (featuring Nicolas King and Danny Bacher, lyric by Dorothy Fields, from Sweet Charity)
7. "The Best Is Yet to Come" (lyric by Carolyn Leigh)
8. "(Doop Doo-De-Oop) A Doodlin’ Song" (featuring Jay Leonhart and Alex Rybeck, lyric by Carolyn Leigh)
9. "Some Kind of Music" (lyric by Carolyn Leigh)
10. "So Little Time" (lyric by Michael Stewart, cut from Barnum)
11. "Our Private World" (featuring Liz Callaway, lyric by Betty Comden & Adolph Green, from On the Twentieth Century)
12. "Witchcraft" (lyric by Carolyn Leigh)
13. "The Rules of the Road" (lyric by Carolyn Leigh) / "Come Summer" (lyric by Carolyn Leigh) / "I’m Way Ahead" (lyric by Dorothy Fields, from Seesaw)
14. "If My Friends Could See Me Now" (lyric by Dorothy Fields, from Sweet Charity)