The Schoenfeld Theatre opened as the Plymouth in 1917. Designed by Herbert J. Krapp, the Plymouth joined the Booth, Broadhurst and Shubert Theatres to solidify the Shubert family dominance on a full block of W. 44th and 45th Streets. In 2005, the theatre was renamed for Gerald Schoenfeld, the chairman of the Shubert Organization.
|Jan 01, 1973 -||"The Shubert Organization, Inc."|
|Jun 08, 1946 - Jan 01, 1973||Select Operating Corporation|
|Apr 07, 1933 - Jun 08, 1946||Select Operating Corporation||Theatre Owner|
|Jan 01, 1924 - Apr 07, 1933||Shubert Theatre Corporation||Theatre Owner|
|Oct 10, 1917 - Jan 01, 1924||Messrs. Shubert (Lee and J. J.)||Theatre Owner|
|Oct 10, 1917 - Jun 08, 1946||Arthur Hopkins||Theatre Operator|