Experience this socially distanced event based on the novel by José Saramago, adapted by Tony Award®-winning playwright Simon Stephens with spell-binding storytelling narrated by Juliet Stevenson. SYNOPSIS:
A uniquely thrilling experience, Blindness
includes extended periods of complete blackout designed to transport the audience to a world changed forever, reminding us that out of the darkness, we will all emerge stronger. Based on José Saramago’s dystopian novel, Blindness
unveils the gripping story of a world changed forever in the blink of an eye, reminding us that from the darkness, we will all emerge stronger.
Directed by Walter Melerjohann
Ben and Max Ringham (Sound Designers)
Lizzie Clachan (Designer)
Jessica Hung Han Yun (Lighting Designer)
Markus Potter (US Associate Director)
Chris Cronin (US Associate Sound Designer)
Gina Scherr (US Associate Lighting Designer)
Recorded narration by Juliet Stevenson
Tuesday – Sunday @3pm, 5pm, and 7pm
Thursday - Saturday @9pm
Saturday and Sunday @1pm
Tickets from $55www.blindnessevent.com
Tickets starting at $45 but need to be purchased in pairs.SAFETY PROTOCOLS
An outline of health and safety protocols for Blindness
at the Daryl Roth Theatre:
· All front of house staff will complete COVID compliance training.
· All visitors and staff will have their temperature taken upon arrival at the venue.
· All visitors and staff will be required to wear masks at all times while inside the venue.
· Tickets will be sold to a limited number of attendees per showing – as mandated by local and state regulations – with multiple showing times spaced throughout the day to allowing ample time in between for venue sanitization.
· All tickets will be sold in advance online. A simplified ticket exchange process is also being implemented online for the convenience of all patrons.
· All tickets will be sold in pairs, enabling two people in a social pod to attend and be seated together. Each two-seat pod will be socially distanced 6 feet away from other pods.
· The venue will open 10 minutes prior to each showing.
· Enhanced building ventilation technologies will bring more fresh outdoor air into the venue and disinfect re-circulated air.
· Headphones will be individually sanitized between each showing.