New York City Center
New York, NY 10019
Job Overview: The Stage I & II Ushers, of which there will be several per show, will work as a team in our hospitality-minded environment and assist in our patrons’ experience, assisting to ensure a comfortable and safe experience for all. These persons will be an extension of City Center and demonstrate a passion for supporting a great patron experience while upholding City Center’s mission, and our commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
• Provide exceptional levels of service, so that every patron has a memorable and positive experience and assist with any Front of House tasks.
• Ensure that the house is ready to open by assisting to prep playbills and inserts and any other prep, in conjunction with the Front of House team to open the lobby and theater to the public.
• Assist any guests that require assistance locating and getting to their seats. This Role Requires: • Previous theater experience preferred but not required
• Flexible availability to accommodate events any day of the week and varying schedules; afternoons, evenings, weekend, and some holidays required.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication and a welcoming demeanor
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment as part of a larger team
• Excellent work ethic with a flair for completing simultaneously occurring tasks within deadlines
• Knowledge of foreign language(s) is a plus
As a valued member of the City Center administrative team, you will receive: Pay rate of $15 per hour
September 24, 2021 -