NEW YORK, NY 10036
A midtown Manhattan cultural organization, New 42’s mission is to make extraordinary performing arts and cultural engagement part of everyone’s life from the earliest years onwards. We do this work through the New Victory Theater (New York City’s premier theater for kids and families) and New 42 Studios (“Broadway’s secret laboratory”). New 42nd is comprised of 200 plus employees, operates the 499-seat New Victory Theater (New York’s first theater for kids and families) on 42nd Street in Manhattan and The New 42nd Street Studios (with a 199-seat theater and 14 rehearsal studios for dance & theater).
· Selling tickets and assisting patrons on the phone, through email, on the website using Live-Person chat, and in
person at the box office window
· Maintain a working knowledge of the entire New Victory season, including live and virtual performances
· Ability to proactively identify, and clearly and calmly, address any ticketing issues that may arise
· Distributing tickets at will call and troubleshooting e-ticket access
· The ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Strong customer service skills
· Proficiency in a range of digital office platforms, including Google Suite apps and Microsoft Teams
· Strong communication, prioritization, and organizational skills.
· 1-2 years’ prior box office experience
· Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software is a plus
This position requires a commitment to a fixed weekly schedule and work hours total approx. 35-38 hours per week, generally between 11am-7pm. Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and some holiday shifts.
New 42 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: New 42 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
New 42 is committed to anti-oppressive practices in all departmental business processes; we aim to prioritize and advance as an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
September 13, 2021 -