Ticket Services Sales Associate - Part Time Weekends
New 42 seeks a part-time Ticket Services Associate for its theater; The New Victory Theater, a 499-seat theater for kids and families, in the heart of Times Square. We are seeking a friendly, energetic, customer service oriented individual with box office experience to join our Ticket Services team. Ticket Services Associates serve as customer-facing team members, and are essential in welcoming patrons to the New Victory family. The ideal candidate is self motivated, open to taking on new tasks and challenges, and enjoys collaborating with a team.
· Selling tickets and assisting patrons on the phone, through email, on the website using Live-Person chat, and in person at the box office window
· Maintain a working knowledge of the entire New Victory season, including live and virtual performances
· Ability to proactively identify, and clearly and calmly, address any ticketing issues that may arise
· Distributing tickets at will call and troubleshooting e-ticket access
· The ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Strong customer service skills
· Proficiency in a range of digital office platforms, including Google Suite apps and Microsoft Teams
· Strong communication, prioritization, and organizational skills.
· 1-2 years’ prior box office experience
· Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software is a plus
This position requires a commitment to a fixed weekly schedule of Fri, Sat & Sun and work hours totaling approximately 22-24 hours per week - generally between 11am-7pm. Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and some holiday shifts is a must.
New 42 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: New 42 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
New 42 is committed to anti-oppressive practices in all departmental business processes; we aim to prioritize and advance as an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE