UTA is seeking an Assistant to Head of Theatre Department. Candidates must have the ability to proactively function under tight deadlines in a fast -paced working environment and experience managing daily schedules/calendars, as well as preparing for meetings. Qualified candidates must have precise, detailed-oriented organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and writing abilities.
The Theatre department represents the highest level of artistically and commercially successful theatre makers—playwrights, directors, composers, designers, and actors—on Broadway and the West End, across the U.S. and Europe. The ideal candidate will have an unwavering passion for the theatrical arts and entertainment industry, is comfortable providing general administrative support in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
What You’ll Do
- Manage phone, calendar, and research for meetings; schedule virtual meetings and calls, internally and externally
- Maintaining spreadsheets, and drafting correspondences
- Strong task management skills, used to proactively build processes that benefit the business
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels and external clients & partners
- Expense reports - prepare monthly reports for review & submit to accounting for approval
- Prepare press kits and materials
- Track and review contracts, client calendars and payments through a series of detailed grids
What You Need
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience, a plus if working in an assistant capacity
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred but not required
- Experience with an entertainment company, preferred
- Highly professional with excellent judgment
- Strong ability to liaise with clients, senior-level executives, and colleagues
- Can-do, positive attitude and willing to “go the extra mile”
- Capable of managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly intense client service work environment
- Highly proficient technical skills with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with video conferencing systems (Zoom, Slack, Concur, and Workday)
- Team player
- Passion for theatre and the performance arts
- Knowledge and curiosity for key players throughout the entertainment industry
- Understanding of UTA's Client Roster
What You’ll Get
- The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
- Access to the tools, leadership and resources you’ll need to create and drive a center of excellence
- The opportunity to do the best work of your career
- Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
- Opportunities to attend live theatrical productions
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world’s most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It’s one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry’s best places to work. At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist’s entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same. UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs, the talented, the creative, the thoughtful and, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
$22/hr. (or) $45,000 per annum