Harford Community College
Bel Air, MD
The Theater Technical Manager provides technical support, both crew leadership and hands-on work, for a wide range of events including dance, theater, music touring groups, lectures, ceremonies, conferences, etc., in the College’s Chesapeake Theater, Amoss Center, APGFCU Arena, and other campus venues. This position supports lighting for all events.
Duties include, but are not limited to, set construction; event set-up/load-out; rigging, lighting, and audio production; set-up/tear-down of video wall; and video recording. The Theater Technical Manager assists with recruitment and oversight of technical crew and overhires; trains and leads paid and volunteer technical staff; maintains equipment and keeps inventories; provides instruction and technical assistance for student productions; and performs other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt, professional staff position.
Employees of Harford Community College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia; non-residents are expected to relocate to meet this requirement.
An associate degree or equivalent certification or education and a minimum of five years of experience is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Experience should include the following:
· Extensive, demonstrable skills in lighting production.
· Experience in providing excellent technical production support by leading crew from planning through execution of events.
· Experience performing hands-on work while managing, scheduling, and leading technical crews per event.
· Experience in instructing/training technical crew and others; and enforcing and ensuring compliance with industry standards for safety codes, regulations, and processes/procedures.
· Demonstrated experience in creating, reading, and adjusting set drawings; constructing theater sets and props; setting up, operating, and tearing down lighting, audio, projection and LED video wall, arena and theater rigging; operating computer equipment; and recording, editing, streaming and playing back video.
· Experience in identifying equipment/supply purchases and rentals as needed.
· Experience communicating with vendors/touring companies; and receiving and delivering equipment and materials.
· Experience in maintaining equipment and facilities by cleaning, troubleshooting, repairing, and completing preventative maintenance for equipment; cleaning and organizing theater/arena areas; maintaining inventory/equipment lists; and developing and implementing storage improvements.
Other requirements include:
· Comprehensive knowledge in these three areas: Audio, Carpentry, and Arena/Theater Rigging.
· Demonstrated commitment to pursuing professional development and learning new, advanced technical theater skills.
Ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite products; ability to learn QLab, and other theater relevant software. Hog4 and Avolights Titan experience preferred.
Strong communication skills, including the ability to interface professionally with internal and external users of theater, arena, and other HCC venues are required.
Apply online by May 30, 2022.
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices. HCC is an EEO and ADA/ADAA employer that values, embraces, and supports diversity in the College community.
May 13, 2022
$52,547 - $68,219