New York, NY 10013
“The Wonder” Experience Leader
The Wonder is an absurdly playful space for curious, imaginative families who crave community, culture, and creativity. It is a third space, between work/school/home, rooted in hospitality, design, and experience that caters to both parents and kids every single day.
Opening this December at The Brookfield Mall, the Wonder will be launching Winterland, an interactive, fully immersive Winter experience for the whole family.
The Wonder is looking for energetic, enthusiastic, and imaginative performers to lead families through the Winterland story, a 20 minute interactive experience where families will go on a journey through different winter wonderlands. Performers will receive a script narrative to help guide them through talking points, guest engagement and group activities. Performers will also receive props (ski/winter themed) to wear that will enhance their character.
+ Role & Responsibilities
- The Wonder Experience: Lead and execute all aspects of The Wonder experience, including greeting and checking in guests, narrating and guiding groups through the 20 minute experience, facilitating photo ops, and escorting guests out of the space.
- Reception: Checking in all members and their guests
- Learning the POS system to aid guests in purchasing tickets and schedule guests for the experience
- Coordinate with the lead supervisor to receive packages and shipments
- Assist in maintaining overall cleanliness of the space with fellow co-workers
- Engage with children of all ages
- Deliver the best experience for all guests all of the time by demonstrating exemplary hospitality and care for each and every person
+ Qualifications & Skills
- Charismatic, highly creative and imaginative
- Excited about working with children and creating the best and most fun experience for them everyday
- Previous experience working in family-themed attractions or experiences, children’s theatre, improv or other customer service related ventures a plus
- Is comfortable working with parents and caregivers, alongside children
- Minimum age of 18
- Holds a high school diploma, associates, and/or bachelors degree
- Must be reliable, punctual and able to help out the team with schedule adjustments in times of need/short notice
- Availability to work weekends and holidays as company permits
- All employees must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire
Job Date: December 2021 - March 2022 (with possibility of extension)
Hiring/Training begins ASAP with experience beginning December 6th
+ Salary & Benefits
- $18.00 per hour
- On-the-Job training and ongoing professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Exciting chance to work in a startup with huge opportunity for professional growth
- Energetic and collaborative team environment
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
The Wonder does not discriminate on the basis race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Wonder is strongly committed to hiring a diverse workforce, and applicants from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
December 1, 2021 -