Temporary Part-Time Digital Marketing/Ticketing Associate
Transport Group Theatre Company
Transport Group Theatre Company seeks a Temporary Part-Time Digital Marketing/Ticketing Associate
About Transport Group Theatre Company
MISSION & HISTORY
Transport Group is a New York-based, off-Broadway theatre company that stages new works and radically-reimagined revivals by American writers.
Since 2001, Transport Group has crafted risk-taking, thoughtful, acclaimed productions of plays and musicals that widen the lens on our American experience. By centering unlikely protagonists, embracing nontraditional casting, and incorporating daring design, we create unexpected theatrical experiences that allow audiences and artists to collaboratively explore what we mean by an “American identity.” Our work subverts expectations and challenges narrative conventions by creating space for new American perspectives that deepen our shared capacity for empathy and understanding.
Transport Group’s work has been called “storytelling at its purest” by The New York Times, “at once faithful and irreverent.” In the two decades since the company was founded by Artistic Director Jack Cummings III, we have produced thirty-three shows: thirteen new works, seventeen revivals, three New York premieres, and six commissioned works. Our New York and world premieres have all had a continued life beyond their initial productions, and our work has received multiple OBIE Awards, Outer Critics Circle Awards, Off-Broadway Alliance Awards, as well as nominations by the Drama League, the Lucille Lortel Awards, and the Tony Awards. Transport Group has been the recipient of a Drama Desk Special Award for our “breadth of vision and presentation of challenging productions.”
HOW WE WORK
Transport Group provides a home for ground-up, extensive development processes for new works and revivals alike that put artistic exploration at the forefront. Our development approach is customized for each project to ensure that we are organically forging a production that only could have emerged from the voices and imaginations of the artists – performers, writers, designers, musicians – in the room.
We often don’t know where a new work is going at the outset, but we commit fully to taking the journey from commission to production. This commitment, alongside the paid time and resources we provide throughout the development process, offers Transport Group artists the space, means, and stability necessary to fully embrace risk and experimentation. This level of development support is especially unique for musicals: while most of these programs become homogenized as they are put through the regional/commercial pipeline, we offer a customized development process. We are proud to be a rare organization that supports the full life of a new musical, from commission through development to premiere, allowing a uniquely American voice to emerge.
Digital Marketing/Ticketing Associate
$21/hr for a TOTAL of $8,750 from February to June, proposed schedule is as follows:
This is a part time position that begins the week of February 13 and ends June 26th. 15 hours of training week of 2/13, 20 hrs/week while production is in rehearsals (4 weeks, 2/20-3/13), 30 hrs/week while in performances (6 weeks, 3/20-4/24), and 15 hrs/week in preparation for our gala and concert (9 weeks, 5/1 - 6/26).
While in performances (3/20-4/24), the position requires weekend hours with Mondays and Tuesdays off.
The Digital Marketing/Ticketing Associate will work no less than 15 hours a week and will work in tandem with the Executive Director and Marketing Manager to increase/revise the hours and salary if necessary.
The Digital Marketing/Ticketing Associate is a pivotal part of the Transport Group Team. We’re an intimate company that puts on visionary work and we want to bring someone onboard that is hungry to learn more about ticketing and marketing. We are looking for someone that is highly organized.
- Pre-production tasks will consist of strategizing and moving forward the marketing goals
- In partnership with the Marketing Manager, work with our external graphic designer to get materials approved and sized correctly
- Turn key art into social graphics, email blasts, etc.
- Create a social calendar and oversee brand voice on social media accounts which include Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok
- Create short videos for social media
- Create and work with the Marketing Manager on drafting MailChimp Newsletters
- Keep the website up-to-date
- During production the hours will change to Wednesday-Sunday, this is so the Associate can input ticket manifests and be available on show days.
- Each day update and share the house numbers
- Receive ticket manifests and input ticket requests
- Interface with the onsite box office team when necessary
- Process press tickets in tandem with our PR Rep
- Create and distribute alumni and industry ticket signup forms
- Generate discount ticket codes
- Continue to oversee TG’s social media accounts and newsletters
- Some attendance at in-person events including Opening, Special pre-show events and more
- Partner with our Community Engagement Coordinator on outreach efforts
- Create signage for performances including QR code program signs, information on accessible performances, land acknowledgement signage and social media signs
- Support our Develoment Manager with generating key art by interfacing with our offsite graphic designer for our Gala and other donor related events
- Some attendance at Donor events is needed
- Support Development Manager with periodic data management/mailings
- Pick up marketing materials at the printer
- Check mail and voicemails either remotely or while in the office and interface with patrons that have ticket questions (this is not very common as the onsite box office team is the first point of contact)
- Help order supplies when necessary
- Some Graphic Design experience is necessary (PhotoShop/InDesign). You will be receiving graphics from our designer and will need to resize or adjust based on ad buys and social media needs
- Experience or interest in making/editing short videos via imovie/final cut/premiere a plus
- MailChimp experience a plus
- Some experience with Wordpress a plus
- Experience with Ovation a plus
This is a temporary part-time position based in Manhattan with an hourly pay rate of $21. Transport Group is committed to supporting diverse work styles catered to each employee's specific needs and is open to remote work models.
Transport Group Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are focusing on creating an inclusive environment and seek to build a diverse team in the pursuit of these cultural goals. The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, ages, classes, religions, people with disabilities and veteran status.
Qualified individuals, please submit your cover letter, outlining why you would like to join our team, and your resume to email@example.com with Digital Marketing/Ticketing Associate - Your Name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE