Shakesperience Productions, Inc.
Waterbury, CT 06702
Technical Director wanted for outdoor Shakespeare production. The Technical Director will oversee all scenic and technical aspects of the production; stay on budget, construct scenery on-site and off-site; coordinate crews for build, load-in and strike; maintain technical equipment inventories; and ensure a safe work environment. Preferred applicants will have a background in technical direction with strong carpentry skills, crew management and at least general rigging skills. Candidates should be able to lift 70 pounds, be comfortable working at heights, communicate effectively as a team member, effectively communicate and problem-solve, stay within budget, and have a valid driver’s license and transportation. Contract runs from date of hire through mid-August. Schedule will vary, especially during tech week.
• Weekly production meetings
• Weekly Saturday builds in the Litchfield Hills beginning in May
• Other building as necessary for all to be finished and modular prior to load in
• Load in July 26 through August 1, 7am to 10pm park available, if needed
• Tech Monday & Tuesday, August 2nd and 3rd
• August Performances Wednesday the 4th through Sunday the 8th
• Strike Monday the 9th
Compensation commensurate with experience.
May 1, 2021 - August 13, 2021