GALA Hispanic Theatre
Washington, DC 20010
The Technical Director (TD) supervises all technical needs for GALA and visiting organization or artists productions. The Technical Director has the daily responsibility for the technical operations of the theater, including lighting, sound, set construction, projections and coordinating necessary maintenance. This position will also coordinate, together with the Production Manager, and Rental Manager the use of the GALA Theatre, lobby, and workshop space as a vehicle for community outreach and generating earned revenue.
Responsibilities and Duties:Works with Producing Artistic Director, Associate Producing Director and Production Manager in identifying and meeting technical needs for all GALA main stage, GALita, presenting, and Paso Nuevo productions.
Required Skills and Experience:
1. 2 Years Experience in Technical Direction
2. Experience staffing and leading crews
3. Ability to execute administrative duties associated with technical needs
4. Ability to read theatrical drawings
5. Proven build experience in stage carpentry
6. Rigging and mechanical/structural design skills
7. Must be able to work independently, report in a timely manner and have strong time management skills
8. Familiarity with Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD and other design software
9. Ability to lift 70 lbs
10. Valid Driver’s License
1. BA or BFA in Technical Theatre or equivalent experience
2. Proficiency in Spanish
3. Familiarity with theatrical sound, lighting and video systems
Reporting:The Technical Director is under the supervision of the Production Manager, but reports ultimately to the Producing Artistic Director and Executive Director.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references. No phone calls please. Position to be filled ASAP. Position is year-round, full-time.
April 27, 2020 - July 31, 2021