Technical Designers are responsible for developing technical solutions for the live entertainment industry, based on client-supplied design concepts as well as visual information and technical specifications, while incorporating safe and cost-effective construction techniques.
Wages are hourly and competitive, under the IATSE Local 1 CBA. Standard operating hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm, with overtime hours as needed. Employment is contingent on Hudson Scenic Studio’s active and anticipated projects and workload.
• Develop technical solutions for creative and entertainment industries.
• Create technical drawings for shop build based on designer drawings, layouts, and other visual aids.
• Draft detailed assembly and installation drawings for use by client during load in.
• Research and order materials and hardware required to execute the construction of designed units.
• Actively communicate with construction team and participate in the commissioning of units.
• Work closely with Project and Production managers to meet budgetary and scheduling goals.
• Communicate with the client’s creative and management staff during the design and construction phases of the project.
• Help monitor quality control.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Technical Theatre, Engineering, and/or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in entertainment or experiential technical design
• Proficient in 3D AutoCAD and/or Inventor, as well as Microsoft programs
• Working knowledge of Revit, Rhino, Photoshop, Mastercam a plus
• Sound knowledge of stagecraft practices. Shop fabrication experience recommended
• Experience in designing winches & rigging equipment preferred but not required
• Self-motivated, able to work under pressure and lead when necessary
• Able to work with developing teams with an attention to detail
Hudson Scenic Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply by sending cover letter & resume (with references) to: [email protected]
$37.00 – $46.00
I.A.T.S.E. Local 1