New York City Ballet
New York, NY 10023
Women’s Department & Men’s Department
Job Date: July 26, 2021 - June 3, 2022
Lincoln Center, New York City
New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. Founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, New York City Ballet quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Widely acknowledged for its enduring contributions to dance, New York City Ballet is committed to promoting creative excellence and nurturing a new generation of dancers and choreographers.
The New York City Ballet Costume Shop seeks two (2) Tailor/Drapers.
Employee will be responsible for all draping, tailoring, pattern making and cutting for the women’s/men’s departments, including all new productions and rebuilding & refurbishing of existing productions.
• Excellent tailoring (men’s dept.), draping, pattern making & cutting skills;
• Excellent organization & time management skills;
• Great communication skills;
• Knowledge & experience with women’s/men’s clothes/costumes;
• Good sewing skills; machine & hand sewing;
• Experience with ballet costumes, tutus, & stretch fabric is essential;
• At least 5 years professional costume shop experience required;
• Please no “fashion designers”;
• Full time, union position; 35 hours a week.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume, references, and portfolio
to Marc Happel, Director of Costumes at:
With “Tailor/Draper” in the subject line.
No Phone Calls, Please.
NYCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
July 26, 2021 - June 3, 2022
$32.15/hour; rates are negotiable