New York, NY
Spokehouse Productions, a new theatre company, is looking for two highly organized individuals to form an SM/PM team for an upcoming production of Hamlet.
Stage management responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the rehearsal room and support the Assistant Director with scheduling
- Facilitate communication between the director, cast, and designers
- Facilitate tech week and call cues during tech week and all performances
- Provide daily calls to cast and coordinate actor conflicts
- Create nightly rehearsal reports for production team and producers
Production management responsibilities include:
- Oversee prop and set piece procurement
- Liaise between producers and stage management / designers
- Manage production equipment/costumes and provide technical support to designers
- Collect and organize all receipts so producers can provide reimbursement
- Handle and issue petty cash as necessary
Candidates may apply for each job separately, or for a hybrid SM/PM position, if they possess the relevant experience. A team will be formed with either a separate SM & PM, or a hybrid SM/PM with an assistant, depending on the applicant pool.
Auditions and callbacks run from September 10 - 22nd. Rehearsals begin October 3rd and will take place during weeknights after 6pm and weekends (schedule TBD pending cast and production team availability). Tech week begins October 30th. Performances will be November 5, 6,12, and 13, with potential for extension.
Interested candidates should email email@example.com with their resume, availability, and proof of vaccination.
All production members will receive a $250 stipend.
About the team:
Spokehouse Productions is a new company dedicated to creating immersive, site-specific theatre. This past August, the team staged a sold-out run of Romeo & Juliet, which played to over 400 audience members in the House of the Redeemer’s courtyard. To learn more about the House of the Redeemer, visit https://houseoftheredeemer.org/about-the-house-of-the-redeemer/
Director - Amanda Whiteley
Assistant Director - India Beer
Producers - Marissa Ferrara & Joey Nasta
September 17, 2021 - November 21, 2021