New York, NY
Stage Manager for Off-Broadway Musical - Straight Forward
Theatre Row, New York, NY
June 11th, 2023 - August 20th, 2023
Pivotal Productions, an innovative theatre company based in New York, NY, is excited to announce an opening for a Stage Manager for our upcoming Off-Broadway, non-union production "Straight Forward.” This is a temporary position running from June 11th through August 20th, 2023.
· Sundays 3pm-6pm @ Theatre Row Studios
· Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 7pm-10pm @ Theatre Row Studios
· Tech Dates Sunday August 6th – Thursday August 10th @ Theatre Row
· Show Dates August 11, 12 (mat and eve), 13, 17, 18, 19 (mat and eve), 20 @ Theatre Row
· Attend and manage all rehearsals and performances
· Maintain a detailed blocking book
· Create, manage, and track the props list
· Handle communication with the actors and production team
· Ensure timely commencement and smooth running of all performances
· Monitor and manage rehearsal and performance time schedules
· Send detailed rehearsal and performance reports at the end of each day
· Liaise between the Director, Crew, and Cast to ensure clear and efficient communication
· Calling stage cues
· General management tasks ensuring the success of the production
· College tech majors or recent graduates encouraged to apply
· Must have at least 1-3 years of theatrical stage management experience. College stage management experience is accepted.
· Must have a strong understanding of the theatrical process and excellent organizational skills
· Should be a problem-solver who can think quickly on their feet
· Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities
· Familiarity with professional theatrical production standards and protocols is required
Salary: This is a non-union position. The position will be paid a stipend of $100 per week for 10 weeks; totaling $1000 for the run of the production.
To apply, please submit your resume detailing your relevant experience and why you're interested in this position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Pivotal Productions is a non-profit educational theatre outlet that strives to push boundaries with new works while amplifying young voices and visions. The organization serves as a creative avenue for enterprising and dedicated future theatre professionals searching for experience in leadership positions.
Pivotal Productions is committed to equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2023
Pivotal Productions thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jun 11, 2023 - Aug 21, 2023
$100.00 – $100.00 per week
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.