Islip, NY 11751
Dance Connection is seeking an experienced sound technician for our 2021 Production. Our performing arts school has an emphasis on excellence and love for the art of dance with a large student base of dancers aged 2 to adult, serving dancers throughout both Suffolk and Nassau counties. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of teamwork among our staff, operating with a professionally managed office and administrative staff, and offering many opportunities for growth to all of the artists that work for us. Our 2021 production will be held outdoors on a built touring stage.
- Meet with Sound Designer after load in to be trained on the sound system and get a tour of how everything is set up.
- Production Management will provide Q-Lab file with sound cues in show order.
- Balance audio levels for all songs in Q-Lab.
- Make minor additions/edits to Q-Lab showfile throughout rehearsal process.
- At start of each day, startup and test sound system, distribute wireless headsets, distribute walkie-talkie radios, and distribute microphones as necessary.
- During rehearsals and performances, operate sound console mixing audio levels and running playback through Q-Lab.
- At end of each day, assist with outdoor strike, covering sound table with tarps and bringing certain equipment inside, as well as collect headsets, radios, and microphones for charging overnight.
- At completion of final performance, assist with striking rental sound gear and pack-up ready for return.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
- Ability to perform self-directed work and creative problem solving skills.
- A kind, polite, respectful, encouraging, and calm manner.
- Patience, stamina, a sense of humor, and the ability to remain calm.
- 2-3 years of professional sound experience required.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A B.A. or B.F.A. in Theatre or a Technical Theatre is a plus, but not required.
Availability/Schedule: Load In: Monday, June 7 (meet with Sound Designer before first rehearsal)
Rehearsals: Monday, June 7 thru Thursday, June 10 4:00-10:00PM
Performances: Friday June 11 5PM + 8PM, Saturday June 12 5PM + 8PM, Sunday June 13 11AM, 5PM, + 8PM Rain Dates: Monday, June 14 thru Wednesday, June 16 as needed Salary: $750.
Supervisor: Sound Designer reports to the Production Manager.
Interested applicants: Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com.
June 7, 2021 - June 16, 2021