Orlando, FL 32819
Action Horizons is the global leader in the creation, operation, and sustainment of live action stunt shows. We are looking for an experienced leader to head the Creative Team at our newest show in Orlando. As the Creative Manager, your main function is to maintain show integrity by delivering actionable feedback and coaching. You are responsible for the blocking, choreography, and characterization that brings the show to life. You will regularly collaborate with the Operations Manager on numerous topics and participate as a member of Action Command. Additionally, you will run rehearsals and head the rehearsal planning process.
With stages all around the world, there are many times that senior leadership will be unavailable. Our ideal candidate will be able to work independently, have a positive attitude, be solution driven, and enjoy creating an environment that fosters creative solutions. Our leaders must be resourceful, have attention to detail, offer solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity.
· High school Diploma or GED
· 10+ years of acting, directing, or a combination
· Minimum three years in a teaching, coaching, or training role
· Solid understanding of the rehearsal planning process
· Highly proficient in MS Office Suite
· Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
· Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Stunt performance or experience in the stunt industry
· Experience in leadership development
Core Values –
· Always uphold the Action Horizons’ Ethic Code and represent the company in a positive light.
· Lead by example. Always.
· Attend weekly Creative Manager meeting with the Creative Director
· Host a weekly meeting with the local creative management team
· Notes should be documented by end of day
· Actively participate in Show Communications meetings
· Be present at Fight Call and Mic Checks
· Oversight of attendance and participation of daily dynamic warmups and PT
· Audit backstage show performance on a regular basis
· Participate in regulatory trainings- CPR, First aid, Water Safety
· Complete daily report and send to appropriate recipients by end of each working day
Administration and Documentation –
· Work with Creative Director to create and maintain list of preferred casts
· Maintain current team standings and vet all position changes through CD and OD
· Utilize “Teams” platform to maintain creative communication and documentation amongst leadership
· Run reports on notes weekly and save to “Teams”
· Complete SOP Change Request Forms as need
· Actively engage cast members and staff in order to foster a positive, productive, and safe environment
· Enforce policies/procedures and facilitate corrective action as needed. Include local leadership team and discuss decisions made with senior leadership.
· Ensure AH staff wears appropriate attire/wardrobe in adherence of company policy
· Actively participate in your personal leadership development through exercises, classes, and mentorship
· Facilitate Corrective Action as needed based on show notes and performance reviews for cast members
· Responsible for teaching and training all artistic elements (blocking and technical) to new performers in coordination with Global Stunt Coordinator with oversight of leadership
· Maintain show quality by ensuring consistent performances
o Keep an active awareness of the creative quality of the show by watching and taking notes
o Shows should be watched (and notes given as needed) daily on a no less than one show per cast per day basis
o Deliver performance notes consistent with the show quality intent as well as AH philosophy regarding show direction
o Notes should be documented and delivered in a proper and timely manner
o Notes should be delivered verbally in person as soon as possible. Before the next show when applicable
· Participate and collaborate with Operations in the audition process
· Special events will be a joint venture between the Creative and Operations teams
· Collaborate with Ops on the scheduling running of Bi-Annual Performance Conditioning Assessment
· Work in tandem with CD, OD, and OM to create and implement performance review/evaluation plan.
· Partner with the operations management team to host weekly meetings with all local management.
· Lead the annual auditions for all venues while collaborating with the Operations Team
· In tandem with Operations facilitate new performer integration into the venues/park
Be flexible and accommodating. As business needs change the scope of your role may vary or broaden.
TO SUBMIT: Please send cover letter and resume to Audition@ActionHorizons.com with the subject line "Creative Manager".
April 22, 2021 -