New York City Ballet
New York, NY 10023
Job Date: July 26, 2021 - June 3, 2022
Lincoln Center, New York City
New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. Founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, New York City Ballet quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Widely acknowledged for its enduring contributions to dance, New York City Ballet is committed to promoting creative excellence and nurturing a new generation of dancers and choreographers.
The New York City Ballet Costume Shop seeks a Shopper.
Shopping for any and all fabrics/trims/notions/equipment needed by the costume shop. At ease working with Costume Director and Designers in developing new ballets as well as matching fabrics for costume refurbishment. Works well with Costume Shop Manager in organization of shop needs and staff supplies.
· Knowledge of a full spectrum of available fabrics both from NYC vendors and online
· Experience and knowledge of NYC fabric and trim vendors
· Experience and knowledge with/of color matching in all fabrics
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Experience with Excel, photo editing, and other computer programs/skills
· Machine/hand sewing skills a plus
· Can lift 50 lbs.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume, references, and portfolio
to Marc Happel, Director of Costumes at:
With “Shopper” in the subject line.
No Phone Calls, Please.
NYCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
July 26, 2021 - June 3, 2022
$22.97/hour; rates are negotiable