Abingdon Theatre Company
Astoria, NY 11106
Abingdon Theatre Company continues to be committed to creating opportunities for all voices to be heard. With this in mind, the company has announced their Festival of Short Plays. A one-week virtual festival shedding light on stories by people of color. Three new short pieces will be selected which were created and to be performed and directed by people of color. At the conclusion of the festival, a diverse panel of judges, theatre professionals who are BIPOC, will select a winner who will receive a $500 stipend to be used to support further exploration of their work.
Any BIPOC playwrights interested in submitting should meet the following criteria:
- Plays should be no more than 45 pages in length
- Original pieces only
- Only complete, finished pieces will be accepted
- Plays should not have been previously published or performed
- No musicals
Please email your piece along with a headshot and resume to Beatriz Cavalieri, Abingdon’s Associate Director of New Works, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rehearsals and recordings will take place from November 1st to November 10th.
- Submission deadline: October 8th.
November 1, 2021 - November 10, 2021