Saratoga Springs, NY
Mills Entertainment is looking for a Touring Stage Manager for our upcoming production of Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live!
Dates: September 11, 2023 – November 26th, 2023, and January 10th, 2024 – March 31st, 2024 (Dates subject to change slightly)
Rate: $1065-1250.00 per week plus travel, accommodations and per diem
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] and reference Req. #DANTSM2023 in the subject line.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates
· Manage rehearsal and tech rehearsal processes, maintaining proper and up-to-date documentation for run of show throughout.
· Participate in technical advances, as necessary.
· Supervise and direct local crew, in conjunction with the touring crew, for all load-ins, shows, and load-outs
· Participate in load-ins and load-outs, ensuring a safe work environment and that integrity of the show is always being upheld to standard.
· Work with Master Carpenter to manage daily crew and call times for sound checks, performances, meal breaks, etc.
· Call all show tracks and cues and execute lighting cues from the console
· Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
· Assist other departments when necessary or available.
· Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
· Complete rehearsal and show reports, according to Company standards.
· Take and implement creative and technical notes, upholding the artistic integrity of the production.
· Hold notes sessions with cast and crew to ensure consistency with the show.
· Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
· Assist the Tour Manager with meet & greets.
· Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
Required Skills & Qualifications
· Must have prior touring experience
· Astute attention to detail with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
· Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
· Able to problem solve quickly with strong organizational and adaptability skills
· A Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure while managing staff and motivating teams for best results
· · Prior experience in providing work direction, coaching others, management or related area
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Valid Driver’s License required
· Background check required
· Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 or more years and to candidates who have previously toured with a theatrical show
· Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in musical theatre
· Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have experience operating an ETC Ion
Additional Information: Position runs September 2023 through March 2023. This is a touring position that will require driving.
Mills Entertainment is the industry leader in branded live entertainment. We collaborate with top artists and content partners to produce and promote engagements at theaters, arenas, casinos, and colleges throughout the United States and internationally. The work we do is exciting, challenging, and enjoyable.
Mills Entertainment LLC is proud to be a diverse employer. We do not discriminate in our employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristics protected under the law.
Sep 11, 2023 - Mar 31, 2024
$1,065.00 – $1,250.00 per week
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866