Cortland Repertory Theatre
Cortland, NY 13045
Cortland Repertory Theatre, a professional theatre celebrating our 50th summer season is accepting resumes for the Stage Manager/Company Manager positions for our 2021 summer season. CRT is located in upstate New York, a half hour south of Syracuse, on the edge of the Fingerlakes Region.
Our 2021 summer season will run from June 28 – August 22. Shows include: “Pirate Schmirate”, “The Honky Tonk Angels”, “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, abridged”, “Goin’ to the Chapel” and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”. Plus a few other special events and concerts throughout the season.
This year, we will be providing an outdoor season to comply with COVID-19 regulations and to help prevent the spread of the pandemic. The audience will be seated under a tent and a 12’x’30’ stage will be outside.
CRT hires two SM/CMs per season, who alternate between being SM and CM over the 5 productions. Each of the two SMs will be assigned either 2 or 3 shows to stage manage; during the other shows, the individual will serve as Company Manager.
Salary is $685 a week. Travel expenses to Cortland are reimbursed up to $100. Housing is provided in single room/shared suite. We work 6 days a week; payday is Thursday of each week.
Please submit resume with cover letter and at least three references with phone numbers and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held either by phone or in person if convenient. NO PHONE CALLS, please.
At Cortland Repertory Theatre (“CRT”), a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization is one where all employees and volunteers feel valued and respected whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all our productions, departments, programs, and volunteer opportunities. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all. We are further committed to considering applicants who are well-rounded but do not fulfill every qualification.
• Excellent people skills required for working with directors, technicians, and actors of varying experience levels, from Equity Guest Artists to summer interns and local talent.
• Schedule and run all rehearsals of assigned shows; produce and distribute daily rehearsal and performance reports for technical staff and senior management.
• Call all performances of assigned productions and maintain a positive, safe, smooth running backstage environment.
• Assist Production Manager in scheduling housing and transportation for a professional company of 50+ over our 13 week summer season.
• Assist Production Manager in recording daily work hours of all actors, interns and some technicians.
• Serve as instructor and mentor for one Assistant Stage Management intern.
• Distribute mail, messages and paychecks to company members.
• Maintain budget expenses for stage management department and related expenditures.
• Assist in coordinating special events and fund raisers, as required.
• Help oversee the safety and well-being of all employees.
• Non-union only.
• Three or more years of Stage Management/Company Management experience in a professional setting.
• Excellent personal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
• The ability to work efficiently and gracefully under pressure and as a team player.
• Driver’s License with excellent driving record. Own car REQUIRED.
• CPR or other emergency medical training preferred.
• Experience in summer stock preferred.
June 25, 2021 - August 22, 2021