The Public Theater
NY, NY 10003
The Public Theater is seeking a Production Recruiter to lead all aspects of the recruitment for the Production Department. As the Recruiter, you will partner with various teams within Production to craft and implement a recruiting strategy for permanent and temporary roles. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and committed to ensuring an excellent candidate experience!
If you have a passion for talent and theater, then this can be the role for you!
• Lead the full recruitment life cycle for the Production Department including sourcing, reviewing, and screening resumes
• Partner with hiring managers to develop recruitment strategies to fill positions quickly and effectively
• Provide mentor to hiring manager on best practices related to interviewing, hiring, and ED&I
• Build strong internal relationships and work cross functionally within other departments including HR and Finance
• Develop hiring plans to support future hiring needs such as talent pipelines for temporary and permanent roles
• Design creative recruitment methods and market knowledge to attract diverse talent with broad background
• At least one year of recruitment experience with shown success sourcing on a variety of roles
• Prior experience working in Production at a theater or performing arts is required
• Knowledge of theatrical production roles
• Proven experience championing recruitment best practices and diverse candidate slates
• Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Word and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to cultivate and manage positive relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
• Ability to balance the needs of multiple departments and a high volume of positions
• Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
• Ability to persuade and influence key partners utilizing data and best practices
• Knowledge of Employment and EEO laws and regulations
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
• As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Starting salary is $51,000. For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org This is a full-time, non-exempt role.
This position will have a hybrid work arrangement which includes working hours spilt between home/offsite and onsite at The Public Theater.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Starting salary $51,000