Danspace Project (DSP) seeks a Production Manager (PM) to join our team in advancing Danspace Project’s commitment to developing and presenting new work, supporting emerging and established artists, and an openness to new artistic ideas. In DSP’s programs and operations, a balance of perspectives is sought across considerations of race, sexuality, gender, class, and ethnicity; aesthetic investigations across dance histories, genres and forms; and relevance to DSP’s institutional history and memory. DSP’s staff and board are guided by these Values (https://danspaceproject.org/values/) in order to continue to fulfill the organization’s Mission (https://danspaceproject.org/about/).
The Production Dept. is responsible for managing and coordinating the technical aspects of all Danspace Project performances and events. The Production Manager is a Full Time (40 hr/wk), Managerial exempt/salaried position under the supervision of Program Director and Associate Curator, Benjamin Akio Kimitch. Areas of responsibility are focused towards preproduction planning, execution of performances and events, technical needs and concerns of artists, managing part-time technical staff, technical equipment maintenance, and logistical and safety concerns of the theater.
PLEASE SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION LINK HERE: https://danspaceproject.org/about/opportunities/
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Inform artists of Danspace Project’s technical and scheduling capacities, limitations and policies.
• Address artists’ needs such as: recommendations & facilitation of onsite production schedule, equipment rentals, personnel needs, and tech solutions for our unique space, St. Mark’s Church.
• Manage and schedule all Production Staff.
• Prevent, manage and respond to logistical and safety concerns in the theater, ensuring safety compliance for all productions and events.
• Manage and maintain a clean and safe worksite, tech equipment and supply inventory and department budget.
• As necessary, climb stairs, ladders and assist in the lifting of heavy objects; load-in/strike participation.
- The candidate should have technical competency with theatrical equipment and programs (lighting, sound, video, QLAB, basic rigging)and experience in a managerial role.
- The ability to work safely, calmly, and efficiently under pressure is essential to the job.
- Comfort with managing artist requests, production schedules, staff schedules and budgets.
- Has a diverse network of technicians, contractors, designers, and theatrical professionals.
- Interest in the work that Danspace Project presents and a drive to work creatively within DSP’s unique venue and technical conditions are a plus.
- Salary range of $55-$63K, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits inc. health insurance coverage, vacation and a generous paid holiday schedule.
- Please send brief cover letter or email introduction, and resume with at least two references to Benjamin Akio Kimitch, Program Director, email@example.com, cc-ing firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for the email should be: “Production Manager”.
- Position requires in-person hours, with some remote work options.
By NYC mandate, all employees of Danspace Project must be vaccinated.
- Interviews for this position will begin immediately. The process will remain open until the right candidate is hired, but with an ideal start date no later than January 10, 2022. Training hours will be scheduled with outgoing PM.
Danspace Project is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, age or disability. Danspace Project, 131 East 10th Street, New York, NY 10003
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.