Fellowship for Performing Arts
New York, NY 10036
Fellowship for the Performing Arts, a not-for-profit New York-based production company is looking for a Production Carpenter for upcoming theatrical dates.
Duties will consist of:
· The Production Carpenter will directly oversee the technical operation of all production elements and personnel for Fellowship for Performing Arts tour of “The Great Divorce”.
· Coordinate the integration of production elements onto the stage, including specific responsibility to scenery, properties, and all rigged elements.
· They will be responsible for implementing and maintaining safe practices and procedures oversee and organize crews for all performance needs.
· This position will oversee the loading and unloading of the production’s 53’ truck and the care necessary for the safe delivery of the technical elements and the safe unloading at each theater.
· Act as one of the running crew for all performances
· Oversee and perform scenic and properties maintenance for all shows.
· Oversee the Lighting, projection, wardrobe and audio personnel assigned to the show.
· Work with the Production Manager, supervise and/or implement all rigging needs ,ensure the ongoing maintenance, and safe operation of, the stage space, fly system, and other production elements
· Attend production meetings as directed
The tour will run from August to December 2021, however this tour consists mostly of runouts, so not every week will be scheduled.
Must be fully vaccinated and have completed the two-week grace period after final vaccine dose.
This position requires someone who is self-motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented and organized with good communication skills, along with an abundance of patience and the personality necessary to maintain positive relationships with cast, crew, and local personnel. Live entertainment experience required, Touring experience a plus. Weekly minimum compensation is $900 for tour weeks. Actual weekly compensation may be higher depending on number of performances, etc.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021