Producing Office Assistant
New York, NY 10018
Alchemation is seeking a Producing Office Assistant to support the administrative and business needs of a dynamic commercial producing office. This position is ideal for an applicant interested in commercial theater management who is comfortable with numbers and maintaining a large investor database.
Alchemation is a theatrical and media producing company committed to the development and presentation of new work. Founded in 2011, Alchemation has mounted productions on Broadway, the West End, and on tour throughout the United States. Current projects include SIX and MRS. DOUBTFIRE on Broadway and numerous other productions in development including THE NOTEBOOK and THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.
- Supporting projects through the development period and into production, including tracking the progress of projects in development and generally assisting the executive team.
- Manage receipts and expense reports for both producers in the office
- Manage A/R for credit cards in coordination with the CFO
- Assist with investor management, including arranging house seats and maintaining investor database
- Read and write synopsis of script submissions
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls
- Set up and clean up for producing meetings, including arranging hospitality for meetings, setting up IT/AV, etc.
- Work closely with office staff to execute a variety of administrative tasks surrounding show openings, major industry events, investor relations, rehearsal processes, etc.
- Other responsibilities and personal assistant tasks as assigned
- Liaise as needed with in house GM department
- Passion for the live arts
- General knowledge of the theater industry and New York City
- Ability to work independently with discretion and confidentiality
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Manage multiple priorities and expectations
- Extremely detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to maintain composure in a dynamic environment
- Desire for professional growth
- Salary is commensurate with experience (range: $40k - $50k) for a 40 hour work week
- Monthly ticket budget to see and report on theatrical productions happening in NYC and beyond (if desired)
- Benefits package includes health insurance and retirement benefits
To Apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter (of no more than one page) addressed to Joseph Elias, Alchemation’s CFO. Your cover letter should address your past experiences as it relates to this position, and what most excites you about the world of commercial theater.
Alchemation believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Alchemation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
June 21, 2021 -
$40,000 - $50,000
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to hello...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.