Work Light Productions
Work Light Productions, a dynamic theatrical production and general management company, is seeking a Payroll Coordinator.
Founded in 2008, WLP produces and manages theatrical tours throughout North America and internationally. Our 2023-2024 season includes the tours of Ain't Too Proud, Jesus Christ Superstar, Mamma Mia!, Company, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Clue. Our office is in Summit, NJ, a short walk from the NJ Transit train station with direct access to NYC/Penn Station, with parking provided and and many restaurants, shops & services within walking distance.
Apply by Email. No phone calls please. Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. In the subject line include "first name and last name – Payroll Coordinator Search."
Compensation Range: $68,000-$73,000. Total compensation will depend on level of experience.
Benefits: Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401-K with 3% employer contribution, paid vacation, parking paid by employer.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Full time in the office from 10 am-6 pm in Summit NJ.
New Jersey/NYC residency is recommended for this position.
The Payroll Coordinator will report to the Controller, the Chief Operating Officer and Partners and be responsible for the following:
Primary Duties: (which span multiple entities)
1. Coordinating weekly payrolls for multiple touring shows (which are internally created excel
templates) Coordination of payroll includes ensuring that all of the following are properly paid out:
a. Employee Salaries
b. Union Benefit Payments (majority of the payrolls from different tours will be union based)
c. Employee Reimbursements
f. All other required weekly payments both W2 and 1099 related
2. Coordinating with multiple people involved with weekly payroll including:
a. General Manager of each tour located in company HQ (Summit NJ).
b. Company Manager (manager on the road with the employees on tour).
c. Productions Crew Director (located in our South Carolina Office).
d. Finance Team (Controller and Senior Accountant which are both located in company HQ (Summit NJ).
e. PEO (Professional Employer Organization) representatives that will process payroll from the payroll excel spreadsheets provided each week.
f. Coordination includes communicating with our internal team via email, Slack, and phone calls to make sure each payroll submission to our PEO’s are accurate.
g. Assisting with Union inquiries regarding weekly payroll pay outs and union audits.
Successful Candidate Characteristics:
1. Experience processing payroll (1 year plus)
2. Union work experience (1 year plus)
3. Excellent excel skills (payrolls are maintained in excel)
4. Run Several payrolls simultaneously on a tight schedule each week
5. Well Spoken (Communication is key to this position-candidate will be an speaking to many people involved in the payroll process
6. Strong Attention to detail
7. Ability to multi-task
9. While not required, an interest and love of theater is a bonus. Occasional attendance at area performances and events will be offered
10. Must have excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, high ethical standards, tact, and diplomacy
$68,000.00 – $73,000.00 per year
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.