The Crossroads Theatre Company is a professional not-for-profit organization based in New Brunswick NJ at the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center. It operates on a $1.2 million budget with a staff of three full-time, and four part-time which includes the bookkeeper. We are a small but mighty team in the arts devoted to a cultural cause, and are willing to provide our staff the flexibility they need to succeed at work while also being able to enjoy a high quality of life.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
As this is currently a part-time position, there are no employee benefits. However, there is great flexibility in work schedule.
Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- Developing Standards
- Analyzing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- Reporting Research Results
- Data Entry Skills
- SFAS Rules
- Attention to Detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Previous bookkeeping experience required.
- Experience in working with not-for-profits a plus.
July 1, 2021 -