Organization: Ensemble Studio Theatre
Reports to: Telefunding Coordinators
Ensemble Studio Theatre (EST) is looking to hire enthusiastic, outgoing, and persuasive theatre artists and arts administrators for our Telefundraising Campaign. Applicants must be available to join our “Virtual Call Room” 4 times a week for 2-hour sessions (Monday-Thursday) for the duration of our 12-week Fundraising Campaign, running mid-October through the end of 2021. The callers for the Telefunding Campaign are an integral part of communication with our larger community and approaching development from a holistic perspective with our organization.
This opportunity is ideal for any artist or art administrator who’s looking to hone their fundraising skills in a supportive, positive, and inclusive atmosphere dedicated to developing new work.
- Attend 1-2 training sessions to prepare for campaign
- Perform outbound fundraising calls, and some follow-up emailing
- Maintain knowledge of EST’s productions and programming, including our history, and our equity & justice work
- Manage individual portfolio of leads
- Maintain notes on communications with patrons
- Excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking with patrons on the phone
- Interest in developing fundraising and community-building skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Receptive to coaching and advice from program coordinators
- Passion for developmental theatre and knowledge of NYC’s Off-Broadway community, with specific familiarity with EST highly encouraged
- Any fundraising, customer service and/or sales experience is a bonus
- Flexible schedule to join calling room for 4 2-hour sessions a week, and open availability Nov 30th (#GivingTuesday) and the last week of December
Compensation: $15/hour, plus a lucrative commission structure
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Outbound Fundraiser”
Applications accepted beginning September 21, 2021.
EST is committed to building a diverse and culturally vibrant team. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we respect and value diversity and inclusion, and engage employees without regard to race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, military status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ensemble Studio Theatre
EST develops and produces original, provocative and authentic new plays, discovering and nurturing new voices and supporting artists throughout their creative lives. EST is a dynamic community committed to a collaborative process and to inclusion across all aspects of identity. We acknowledge and work to end systemic marginalization and oppression at all levels of the organization. We believe that this extraordinary support and commitment to inclusivity are essential to yield extraordinary work.
EST’s Equity and Justice Work Since 2013, EST has engaged in a deepening process of transformation toward becoming an inclusive and anti-racist organization. As a predominantly White institution, we recently commissioned an independent study to delve deeply into every aspect of our operations and identify White supremacist practices and assumptions. This analysis guides our current leadership transition as we prepare to hire new Artistic and Executive Directors, and create a more holistic and intentional work environment. Early actions include ongoing anti-racism trainings, and creating affinity spaces for non-leadership staff and for Black members of the EST community. For more information please visit ESTnyc.org/artequityjustice.
October 11, 2021 - December 31, 2021
$15/hour, + commission