MARKETING MANAGER, HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD ON BROADWAY
RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER, AND GLOBAL DIRECTOR OF PARTNERSHIPS, CONTENT AND SPECIAL PROJECTS, for HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD
The New York MARKETING MANAGER is responsible for overseeing all marketing, social media and press campaigns for the Broadway production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- To work alongside partner agencies and deliver outstanding strategy across all elements of the press, social media and marketing for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Broadway.
- To oversee and manage the external agencies, ensuring first-class delivery and collaboration towards the same goals.
- To understand and actively contribute to the financial and commercial goals of the Broadway production.
- To be fully immersed in the wider franchise from top to bottom and lead on the Cursed Child elements across New York and the USA.
- To foster exceptional relationships across Cursed Child globally, all stakeholders, the franchise and its partners.
- To work alongside the New York production team in delivering excellence in audience experience.
- To protect the brand, by ensuring excellence, innovation and creativity across all elements of the public-facing campaign.
To deliver outstanding work across all elements of the press, social media and marketing strategy for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway
- To oversee marketing, press, social media and communications strategies for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, New York. Manage external agencies, including marketing, social media and press teams, ensuring all are working in tandem to achieve the same goals of the campaigns.
- Together with HPCC Global team and the external marketing agency, create and implement marketing campaigns for each calendar year, defining clear goals, KPIs and strategies. Ensure that the positioning and messaging of the campaign is always in keeping with the overall tone of the production across all platforms. Brief and manage all artwork, ensuring delivery of creative collateral within agreed budgets and time scales.
- With the HPCC Global team manage the external press agency, communicating their strategy in tandem with the marketing campaign, overseeing and approving all press materials including media releases, media alerts and briefing documents.
- Working with the external social media agency, ensuring the content calendar, organic and paid digital strategy is in line with the overall goals of the marketing campaign. Manage and approve all posts and content for the US channels, working with the social media agency to ensure all content meets the standards of the production. Liaise with the production team on scheduling all content capture, to oversee filming as needed.
- Oversee the preparing of programs, merchandise brochures and billing boards for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, ensuring that all contractual obligations are fulfilled in tandem with the production team, that all material is approved by various partners, that all material is fully proofed.
To be fully immersed in the wider franchise from top to bottom and lead on Cursed Child elements in New York and across the US.
- Together with the GLOBAL FRANCHISE PARTNERSHIPS DIRECTOR, collaborate on US-wide franchise partnerships, working closely with franchise partners to seek out cross-promotional opportunities for the production, garnering additional exposure to the wider fan-base.
- Together with the GLOBAL FRANCHISE PARTNERSHIPS DIRECTOR, oversee US-based marketing opportunities for Cursed Child product, including but not limited to: Cursed Child official merchandise, The Music of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and The Journey: Behind-the-Scenes of the Award-Winning Stage Production.
To foster exceptional relationships across Cursed Child globally, all stakeholders, the franchise and its partners.
- Oversee territory specific non-franchise related partnerships and promotions, including fan events, tie-ins with local organizations, and national partners. Together with the DIRECTOR OF TICKETING AND REVENUE, oversee ticketing related partnerships and promotions, including Today Tix and other ticketing channels, and industry-wide promotions.
- Engage in frequent and open collaboration with the MARKETING DIRECTORS in other territories, sharing campaign plans, content ideas and strategies to achieve the worldwide goals of the production. In particular, in close partnership with the HPCC in-house marketing team in the UK.
- Oversee all marketing photo shoots, photo calls and filming, liaising with the theater staff, production staff and creative team to coordinate, schedule and manage on-site. Coordinate with Company Management for any associated building costs in relation to marketing activity happening in the theater.
- Regularly update the global activity calendar, ensuring smooth integration of marketing campaigns worldwide
To work alongside the New York production team in delivering excellence in audience experience.
- Serve as direct marketing contact for the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child company for any marketing/press/social media specific requests. Brief new incoming company members on overarching marketing, press, and social media best practices.
- Manage and process the artwork and concepts for the production’s program/brochure to ensure deadlines are met.
- Set up and marketing of ADA performances, including (but not limited to) captioned, audio described, BSL and autism-friendly.
- Together with the DIRECTOR OF TICKETING AND REVENUE, work directly with Theater Management on all aspects of customer service.
To understand and actively contribute to the financial and commercial goals of the New York production.
- Monitor all marketing expenditure and oversee marketing budget, ensuring that all expenditure is accurately processed and recorded.
- Strong and close collaboration with DIRECTOR OF TICKETING AND REVENUE, ensuring that all ticketing objectives support the marketing campaigns and goals of a long-production.
- Coordinate with Company Management for any associated building costs in relation to marketing activity happening in the theater.
- Together with the DIRECTOR OF TICKETING AND REVENUE, liaise with venue box office teams and ticketing partners regarding on sales, and if applicable, on box office set up.
- Review all sales reports within the context of the marketplace and current and emerging sales trends to maximize box office revenues. Liaise with marketing, press and social teams on current box office trends and strategies.
- Build and maintain excellent long- term working relationships with sales partners, and together with DIRECTOR OF TICKETING AND REVENUE execute partner sales strategies.
- Contribute to the creation of robust processes to streamline the efficiencies of the marketing department
- Contribute to and assist with the organization of and be present at marketing and events activities, including Charity Galas, Q&As, photoshoots, photo-calls and filming
- Be present at performances, events and meetings as required
- Any other duties as required by General Management, the Commercial management team, the Global Marketing Director, and the Producers/Steering Committee
- Complete all duties in a timely manner
- Work as part of a team, covering other team members during illness and holiday
- Evening and weekend work as required or requested
- Assist with the smooth running of critic’s performances and opening nights as well as any other media performances.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of marketing campaigns, digital marketing environments, social media trends and press strategies.
- Strong numeracy and confidence interpreting sales reports and managing budgets.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the Harry Potter franchise and partners.
- An understanding and experience working in the Broadway theater market.
- Effectual creation of and collaboration on, as well as presentation of marketing decks for internal teams, agencies, and stakeholders
- Familiarity with or ability to learn Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Dropbox, and Monday.com workspaces
- First-rate copy-writing and proofing skills.
- Confident professional communication manner.
- Discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to anticipate situations and plan for eventualities.
- Able to actively seek solutions to problems.
- Manage multiple high-level relationships and stakeholders.
This is a hybrid role with some days required in the office, which is located in Midtown Manhattan. To apply please submit cover letter along with resume.
$65,000.00 – $90,000.00