Reports to: Communications and Marketing Manager
In a full-time, year-round position, the Marketing Associate will support the Department of External Relations’ efforts to maximize the visibility for O’Neill programs, enforce the O’Neill brand, and encourage active engagement with artists, patrons, donors, and alumni. The Marketing Associate will collaborate closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager and the Creative Content Associate on the development and implementation of marketing campaigns, including calls for submissions/applications, special events, summer season marketing, etc. with particular focus on the areas of social media, email marketing, website content, and merchandise.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to plan and curate a social media presence for the O’Neill and National Theater Institute, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Create and schedule social media posts across platforms.
- Create live event coverage on platforms (i.e. Instagram stories, website streaming, etc.).
- Coordinate with Creative Content Associate for assistance with graphics, photos, and other creative assets.
- Track and report social media analytics.
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing Manager on strategies to increase social media engagement.
- Create content for mass emails in Emma (the O’Neill’s email platform).
- Collaborate with Creative Content Associate on creation of email layouts.
- Maintain clean, accurate, and targeted mailing lists within Emma platform.
- Track and report email analytics.
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing Manager on strategies to increase email engagement.
- Participate in content management on O’Neill and National Theater Institute websites, ensuring accuracy and regular updates.
- Write fresh and engaging website content.
- Track and monitor inventory of merchandise for Gene’s General Store, replenishing as needed.
- Serve as point person for third-party merchandise providers, sourcing vendors when needed.
- Fulfill online orders from the Gene’s General Store website.
- Maintain the store website, ensuring inventory is accurate and periodically updating with new items and sales.
- Oversee photo sales on SmugMug platform.
- Assist in creating community awareness of O’Neill programs by updating event sites, posting to community calendars, and more.
- Solicit, track, and communicate Alumni News and Updates.
- Demonstrated background in advertising, sales & marketing, social media, and/or performing arts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong ability to collaborate closely with co-workers on projects.
- Ability to efficiently manage a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment with accuracy, grace, and humor.
- Superior deadline management skills, with an ability to work independently when necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace required.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms required. Experience with elevated use of social media (maintaining institutional voice, scheduling posts, and ad creation) preferred.
- Experience working with databases, email marketing software, HTML/CSS is a plus.
- Experience with photography/videography is a plus.
- Willing to adopt a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends, including for special event assignments and/or other projects as they arise.
Salary range is mid-$30k negotiable. The benefits package includes health, dental, and vision. Temporary housing may also be available for this position.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a work resume, and contact information for at least two references. Applicants should name all attached files with this format: "Last Name, First Name - Document.” This position must be local or willing to relocate.
The O’Neill is committed to diversifying the future of the American theater through the stories we tell and the people we hire. We highly encourage applications from talented artists, technicians, and administrators from all underrepresented groups to apply.
Oct 3, 2022 -