John Gore Organization
THE JOHN GORE ORGANIZATION is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of theater producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan and 47 North American markets. It has won Tonys in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.
At The John Gore Organization, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected and all voices are valued and heard. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, access and inclusion.
Marketing Assistant (Midwest)
Summary: The Marketing Assistant is a vital member of the BAA Midwest team supporting marketing efforts for Cincinnati, Louisville and Indianapolis. Working with the Director of Regional Marketing and PR based in Cincinnati and the Marketing Director based in Louisville, our national marketing team, and local presenting and venue partners, the Marketing Assistant assists in the tactical implementation of Midwest advertising and public relation campaigns in Cincinnati for all of our season engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Executes ad plans with direction from Marketing Directors; maintains communication with media reps, vendors, press agents, and venue partners.
• Collaborate with BAA national digital team in the planning, booking, execution, and reporting of digital ad campaigns.
• Works with designers to create all electronic, print and digital ads and collateral for all shows and season subscription campaigns, Facilitates approvals and traffics all ads for show and season campaigns.
• Maintains all social media campaigns for Broadway Series including consistent presence over all social media platforms and cross promotions; incorporates National BAA and show content to local social accounts. Provide reporting on social performance including ROI of paid campaigns and performance of targeted initiatives.
• Interacts with Ticketing on promotional and trade ticket requirements.
• Maintains Email blast schedules with venue partners and facilitates any outside email blast requests from partners; Works with Marketing Directors on creation of content.
• Maintains brand consistency across all marketing materials.
• Assists Group Sales department in execution of collateral and promotional needs.
• Interacts with program publisher to proof and approve all show programs.
• Attends partner marketing meetings/special committees to represent the BAA Marketing Team as needed.
• Assists with securing and execution of special events, such as cast parties, promotional events and subscriber promotions.
• Manages Opening Night press invitations and RSVPs, attends all opening nights and staffs press table in Cincinnati as well as attends all events as needed in each city.
• Maintains press database and identifies new press leads as well as creates PR reporting for shows and maintains a press resource site for Broadway in Cincinnati.
• Writes press releases and media advisories in Cincinnati.
• Actualizes marketing budgets and advertising settlement delivery for each show and throughout the Season campaign.
• Liaises with current grassroots promotional contacts and develops new partnerships for non-media promotional ideas.
• Supports local publicist with occasional press interviews or events, including escorting talent and overseeing interviews.
• Works with BAA to manage client billing. Responsible for collection and creation of appropriate back up, accounting forms and reporting.
• Manages event listings on community arts sites.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
o Establishes and maintains effective relationships
o Active listener
o Offers assistance and support to co-workers
o Works cooperatively in group situations
o Willing to jump in from day one and grow as a Marketing professional
o Able to work around unexpected changes of circumstance or workload
o Modifies a planned course of action based on new circumstances
o Changes communication style to achieve the best results
• Functional Competencies
o Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Social Media Management
o Attention to detail, Proof-reading, copy-editing skills
• Team Orientation
o Fosters team cooperation
o Understands team roles and responsibilities
o Supports group problem solving and is solutions driven
o Active contributor within the team
o Able to work with multiple personalities
Qualifications aka KSAOs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Theatre or Arts Administration preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret advertising plans and reporting.
• Ability to write marketing copy that conforms to prescribed style and format.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to create dynamic marketing strategies under the direction of the Marketing Directors for each show to maximize visibility with target audiences.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to:
• Sitting, standing, and working on a computer
• Restock venue collateral
• Help arrange front of house signage
• Escort talent or greet guests
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to:
• An open office environment with frequent interruptions and employee traffic.
• Noise and distractions from productions and/or an active office setting
• Must be willing to travel between cities and work nights and weekends as needed with reliable transportation
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
All employees working in our offices or affiliated venues are required to obtain and maintain up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations. Those
(i) who are disabled or who have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or (ii) who objects to being vaccinated on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief, observance or practice may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement.