Los Angeles, CA 90068
MANAGING DIRECTOR, full time position, who will report to the Artistic Board of Theatre West, an award-winning non-profit theatre company based in Los Angeles.
We are seeking a Managing Director who is passionate about theatre and the arts, smart about day to day operations, and adept at working with others to keep the theatre vibrant and active.
Theatre West is celebrating its 57th year. It is the oldest continually running theatre in Los Angeles, Some of Hollywood’s brightest lights have made Theatre West their artistic home, including Betty Garrett, Lee Meriwether, Beau Bridges, Martin Landau, Richard Dreyfuss, Chazz Palminteri, Jim Beaver, Carroll O’Conner, Bridget Hanley, and Philip Abbott, to name a select few.
Theatre West is an ensemble of actors, directors and playwrights. Weekly workshops in Acting, Playwriting, Musical Comedy, and Shakespeare, remain the heart of the theater. Theatre West’s legacy lives on through the many actors and writers who continue to create and produce original works. Shows developed at Theater West have gone on to success on Broadway, and on world-wide stages. Theatre West also boasts its award-winning, Equity, children’s theater, Storybook Theatre, which has entertained small children and their families for the past 36 years.
We are looking for an ambitious team player with an entrepreneurial spirit who has a solid business background, can write grants, and is excited to watch the theatre thrive and move forward into the new world of post-pandemic performance. Someone who will guide the membership in achieving its goals. And someone who will be proud to call Theatre West their theater home.
In this role, you will:
● Be responsible for the overall financial operations of Theatre West. This includes Grant Writing, setting annual budgets, AR/AP, all tax, compliance, bookkeeping, payroll, banking, membership dues, contract management, and communicating effectively all financials to the Artistic Board.
● Ensure the smooth operation of the day-to-day business by working with producers, productions, the elected Artistic Board, and if necessary, the Advisory Board.
● Work with the Artistic Board to assemble an Executive Board.
● Recruit, train, and manage volunteers, including Community Service Volunteers, interns, and potential contractors.
● Be responsible for all systems and technologies Theatre West utilizes to manage the business, as well as knowledge of PayPal, MailChimp, Ovation Tix, Survey Monkey, Quick Books, Excel.
● Direct and lead institutional fundraising with foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Oversee our Annual Appeal, communication with donors and patrons, and grow our Patron base.
● Create more opportunities for diversity within the company as well as focusing on outreach within the Community.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, or Theatre Management, and some non-profit experience.
● Proven fundraising track record.
● Experience managing a team of volunteers.
● Strong project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time.
● A collaborative spirit and ability to inspire and engage the company to achieve ambitious goals.
TO APPLY: Please email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com And please submit 3 Reference letters from the last five years.
$33,000-$35,000 (Depending On Experience)