New York, NY
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To add to our esteemed staff, Pace University’s Dyson College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for this key position in its Office of Professional Development which serves as a bridge between MFA students’ education at the Actors Studio Drama School MFA Program and their entrance into the professional world. Areas of expertise include operations, marketing, and development and this position will create and support professional development plans within the Actor’s Drama School MFA program. The position is located at our downtown New York City campus.
The Manager, Professional Development is responsible for maintaining the program’s web and social media, and collaborating with the Actors Studio and other national international theater organizations. A significant portion of the responsibilities of this position requires a serious cooperative relationship with the ASDS Program Coordinator, including the day-to-day operations of the school. Must be able to demonstrate confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy.
· Launches the Third Year Repertory Season, the Third Year Actors’ Showcase, and the Third Year Playwrights’ Staged Reading Series (through mailings, web, social media, visits, interviews, etc.).
· Creates and oversees all playbills, posters and other advertising; overseeing all promotional photography.
· General and professional audience recruitment.
· Responsible for the organization and execution of the Inside the Actors Studio process.
· Arranges career colloquia and advisement of students on an ongoing basis with respect to matters relevant to professional development.
· Provides feedback on resumes/headshots and interviewing job search techniques.
· Develops internships and alumni contact and outreach.
· Builds career starts one-on-one with each graduating student, liaising with the Pace Co-op and Career Services office.
· Maintains the program’s web and social media.
· Collaborates with the Actors Studio and other national international theater organizations.
· Performs other such duties as assigned from time to time.
· BA in performing arts education required.
· At least 5 years of administrative and/or production experience in the professional New York theater.
· Must provide a detailed resume of work experience with special attention to the last 3-5 years.
· Must have knowledge of MS Office, Outlook Express. The candidate needs the capability to master the Banner system and to be comfortable with online integrated systems (e.g., E-Procurement).
· A knowledge of the tradition and organization of the Actors Studio Drama School and the Actors Studio is preferred.
Salary Range: $70K. To apply, please visit: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/24042
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.
$70,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year