Paper Mache Monkey
LEAD FABRICATOR FOR PAPER MACHE MONKEY
Paper Mache Monkey Design and Fabrication Studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn is currently looking for a full-time Lead Fabricator to join our team. As a studio, we collaborate with high-end corporate clients, Tony Award winning Broadway designers, musicians, circus folk, and fellow visual artists. Our projects range from theatrical set and prop construction to custom fabric projects, scenic painting, sculpture, furniture, and window installations.
The Lead Fabricator is an integral part of the core crew and leader of the carpentry and welding department. They will be responsible for the planning, oversight, and execution of all the build elements, general finishes, and process development through sampling. Candidate must have the ability to switch between woodworking, sculpture, metal fabrication, and process creative solutions on a per-project basis, while communicating their resource needs to both the team and clients. Responsibility for the overall function of the fabrication shop includes purchasing, inventory, and daily cleaning. Prop building, cnc operation and mainenance, and sculpture skills are a definite bonus. Flexibility in daily tasks and collaboration with the whole team is vital.
· Ability to comfortably switch between woodworking, sculpture, metal fabrication, finishing, lamination, and various materials in a single project.
· Ability to interpret and build from designer drawings or technical drafting.
· Ability to take direction and follow an established process for each project.
· Shop maintenance and daily up-keep.
· Time management, reliability, and a good attitude is a must.
· CNC operations and maintenance experience a definite plus!
· Prop craft knowledge a definite plus!
· Ability to lift 50 lbs
· BFA + 3 years working experience in fabrication studios or 5+ years’ experience in fabrication studios.
This is a full-time position with an hourly base rate of $30-$33/hr negotiable based on experience. This position includes paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave, as well as employer matching IRA contributions.
With a commitment to furthering diversity and inclusion, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE applications from candidates who are not historically represented in our field.
If you think you might be a strong fit, please send a brief cover letter, resume with references, and up to five images or links to past work to [email protected].
Feb 19, 2024 -
$30.00 – $33.00 per hour
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.