Professional Children's School
New York, NY
Founded in 1914, Professional Children’s School (PCS) provides a rigorous academic program with flexibility and support for remarkable students in grades 6-12. Our diverse students, from multiple states and numerous countries, pursue their academic studies at PCS in addition to their external pre-professional or professional training and work obligations in the performing arts (including dance, music, and acting), the fine arts, competitive athletics, and various business pursuits. Many of the School’s alumni have gone on to successful careers as doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, physical therapists, teachers, writers, and producers. Additionally, many PCS alumni have attained near-legendary status as performing artists, musicians, entertainers, and athletes. Professional Children’s School is located in New York City in the Lincoln Square neighborhood near Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center.
About the Position
This 12-month, in-person position will support the Institutional Advancement Office and the Head of School in executing fundraising and community engagement activities. Reporting to both the Director of Community Engagement/Assistant Director of Institutional Advancement, as well as the Head of School, the Institutional Advancement Administrative Assistant should be a detail-oriented and tech-savvy team player with an interest in the arts, education, or fundraising and communications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for Advancement-related inquiries and correspondence
- Support Advancement and Communications with phone calls and email correspondence
- Utilize database/CRM to perform key responsibilities in constituent record maintenance, gift processing, and data and financial reporting
- Support the planning and coordination of special events including the School’s Spring Gala, alumni events, donor receptions, etc.
- Attend meetings of the Board’s Institutional Advancement Committee and take detailed minutes
- Support Alumni Engagement efforts and assist as needed
- Manage calendars for the Head of School and the Advancement office, including setting appointments and managing zoom meetings
- Track office inventory and order supplies as needed
- The Institutional Advancement Administrative Assistant will perform other duties as assigned
Candidate Qualities and Qualifications:
The following skills are required:
- High school diploma (and/or equivalent experience)
- 2 or more years of experience working in a development or administrative office (experience in an independent school or an arts organization a plus)
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Confident learning technological systems and experience using a donor database or other CRM (Experience in Bloomerang and Zapier a plus)
- Experience interfacing with donors (and with trustees is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-Suite (Must be confident using spreadsheets and mail merge)
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ethical, patient, and diplomatic with the ability to maintain confidentiality
Expected Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM. Occasional nights and weekends.
Salary Range: $50,000-55,000.
Employment Category: Non-Exempt
Expected Start Date: July 10, 2023.
PCS offers a very competitive benefits package including paid vacation, personal days, sick leave, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, etc.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with resume to [email protected] Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we will only contact those candidates whose skills most closely align with this position. No phone calls please.
Professional Children’s School is a community committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging for our students, faculty, professional staff, and all those who visit our school as guests. We adhere to these principles in our hiring and employment practices, and seek to welcome community members who mirror the diversity of our student body, and are committed to affirming this environment for all.
It is the policy of Professional Children’s School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion or religious practices, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, creed, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition, group identity, familial status, status as a victim of sexual abuse, stalking, or domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To learn more about the school, visit www.pcs-nyc.org.
Jul 10, 2023 -
$50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.