Now in its 39th Season, The Vineyard Theatre is a non-profit Off-Broadway theatre committed to creating an artistic home for daring and diverse artists, to nurturing their unique voices, and to engage our audiences and community in dialogue by producing work that pushes the boundaries of what theatre can be and do. The Vineyard reaches over 20,000 audience members a year, and education programs serve over 700 NYC public high school students across all five boroughs. The Vineyard is the recipient of special Drama Desk, Obie and Lucille Lortel Awards for artistic excellence.
Learn more about us at VineyardTheatre.org Vineyard Theatre is seeking an experienced house manager for upcoming in-person productions at our theater on Union Square, available to start immediately. This is a part-time position with a pay rate of $20/hr. Hours will vary depending on the needs of the production, maximum thirty hours per week during show runs.
● Greeting and directing patrons and supervising the flow of traffic throughout the space
● Monitoring and enforcing the correct implementation of COVID-19 safety protocols at all times
● Ensuring that the building and its occupants are adhering to fire safety rules and regulations
● Communicating instructions and information to the public in a clear and friendly way
● Ensuring excellent customer service from front-of-house staff and volunteers
● Working closely with Box Office to troubleshoot all ticket problems and patron complaints
● Maintaining the appearance of the lobby and all public areas; communicating with facilities and production teams as necessary to ensure the correct environment
● Resolving patron conflicts before, during, and after the performance.
● Training and supervising paid and volunteer ushers
● Supervising merchandise sales
● Coordinating with stage management before and during the performance
● Maintaining ticket-scanning equipment, walkie-talkies, etc.
● Providing leadership in emergency situations and communicating with authorities and theater management as needed ● Maintaining a thorough knowledge of emergency preparedness and evacuation procedures as they relate to all persons within the venue
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
● Two or more years of relevant experience, including House Management or Stage Management positions
● Exemplary customer service and communication skills
● Ability to creatively problem solve, anticipate needs, and work well under pressure
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide high-quality customer service in a fast-paced environment
● Strong leadership skills and the ability to self-manage
● Solid computer and organizational skills; strong written and verbal communication
● Ability to work primarily evenings and weekends with a schedule that changes based on the needs of the given production.
● Able to lift 25lbs, sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time including navigating multiple sets of stairs
● Familiarity with the non-profit and commercial theatrical industry
● NYFD F-07 Fireguard certificate of fitness and First Aid certification required, but may be attained after hiring.
● Willingness to complete certification in COVID-19 compliance and safety protocols.
● A successful applicant will be able to articulate a commitment to advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE