Tulsa, OK 74105
Tulsa Ballet seeks a Full-Time Head of Costumes
Founded in 1956, and led since 1995 by Marcello Angelini, Tulsa Ballet’s company of 27 dancers, its second company (TBII), and its school (Tulsa Ballet Center for Dance Education) perform at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center, the Lorton Performance Center, Studio K at the Tulsa Ballet studios as well as tour nationally and internationally.
Start day February 1 or sooner, for production beginning in May.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Oversee all costume shop functions including new builds, fitting existing ballets, fitting incoming rental packages, preparing outgoing rental packages
• Track & Manage annual budget of approx. $200,000
• Coordinate with designers and rental companies
• Maintenance of costume inventory.
• Supervision of 2 Full Time, and 8-12 Part Time costume shop employees
• Hire Wardrobe staff for all performances in coordination with venues
• Provide show-run documentation and materials for Wardrobe staff
• Create & Maintain archival documentation for all ballets
• Attend relevant production meetings.
• Adapt procedures to COVID-19 protocols
• Must be flexible and a team player
Compensation: Mid to hi $40s commensurate with experience plus benefit package including health insurance, short term disability insurance, moving stipend if needed, and four weeks paid vacation.
Please send resume, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
February 1, 2021 -