Disney Theatrical Group
Disney Theatrical Productions is currently seeking a Head Carpenter for our National Touring production of THE LION KING. The Head Carpenter supervises the load-in, load-out and operation of all technical aspects of the production.
• Schedule all road crew labor for load-ins, load-outs, maintenance, rehearsals and show calls
• Schedule local union labor for each venue for load-ins, load-outs, maintenance, rehearsals and show calls
• Schedule trucking with the designated transport company, update and maintain truck packs and supervise truck loading and unloading
• Supervise the installation, operation and disassembly of all technical aspects of the production in coordination with other department heads
• Supervise all required maintenance including scheduling work calls and ordering parts or hardware needed for repairs or regular upkeep of the production
• Coordinate rehearsals and maintenance calls with company management and stage management departments.
• Other duties as assigned by general management or the technical supervisor.
• Minimum 5 Years of touring experience with a Broadway musical or play as a Carpenter or Department Head
• Minimum 3 Years as a Department Head
• Experience with AutoCad, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat
• Team player with strong communication skills.
• Work in a fast-paced environment.
• Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment that fulfills Disney Theatrical Group’s diversity and inclusion efforts (e.g., recognizing and interrupting microaggressions & biases, participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required etc.)
• Full IATSE/Disney-League Production Pink Contract.
IATSE Minimum plus over scale
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.