Founded in 2001, OKC Rep has become a leading professional theater in the Oklahoma City region. The organization is entering its next chapter of growth to become an even stronger civic institution for the Oklahoma City community, and to join the national conversation among professional theater institutions. After a national search, the newly appointed Artistic Director and newly repopulated and re-energized Board of Directors is invested in shaping the future of OKC Rep.
The newly created General Manager position will work with the Artistic Director to help build this new phase. This is a strong opportunity for an ambitious and energetic collaborator with an entrepreneurial spirit, who combines a passion for the performing arts with significant, relevant experience in supporting the operational aspects of a not-for-profit arts organization.
OKC Rep is dedicated to an innovative, professional, equitable, inclusive, and collaborative environment for the theater-making process. To shape this culture, we aim to build a dedicated and diverse team that champions our mission and values. The General Manager (GM) will be instrumental in this development, as well as helping to build the new producing model of OKC Rep.
Incorporated in 1890, this fast-growing city was recently named the 25th largest city in the United States. It's a growing multicultural hub with a world class art museum, ballet company and philharmonic. The state capital and its combined region includes 1.4 million citizens whose median age is just 34. Nicknamed “The Modern Frontier,” it is a young city filled with Native American and Western history and culture that is developing a new reputation for innovation and entrepreneurship.
The GM will work closely with the Artistic Director in managing, steering, and developing the organization.
The GM will:
- Develops season budget and works collaboratively with the Artistic Director on strategy and initiatives
- Supervise day-to-day operations
- Manage and negotiate contracts with artists within union regulations
- Negotiate contracts for outside companies and co-producing partners within established budgets, union regulations, and parameters of the presenting space
- Provide fiscal management
- Oversee the outsourced bookkeeper to ensure proper tracking of production and operation expenses
- Oversee company management, including travel and housing, in conjunction with a seasonal position
- Assist in developing HR plans
- Create and manage COVID safety plans, as necessary, in accordance with union guidelines
- Adapt and collaborate beyond job parameters as our institution grows
While no single individual will possess all of the following qualifications, the successful candidate will possess many of these skills and experiences:
- Qualifications: Commitment to an equitable, anti-racist, and inclusive community
- Background in theater, general management, producing, stage management, or company management
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts for live performance
- Experience in managing project/program budgets
- Creativity and outside-the-box thinking
- Embrace innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Passion for theater and supporting artists in the creation of making theater.
- Willingness to take on the administrative work required to build and sustain a theater in its transformational stages
- Comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and a team-player
- Desire to play a critical role on a small and dynamic team
Requirements: (hard skills)
Organized problem solver.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Wix, and Constant Contact.
Knowledge of Quickbooks
Flexibility in schedule to account for evening events and occasional weekend events.
Compensation and Start Date: $50,000. An ideal candidate will be interested in growing with the company and the local theater community. We include a benefits package with health insurance and paid time off. Preferred start date is Sept 1st.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resumé, and three professional references. The cover letter of no more than 1 page should address how this opportunity intersects with the candidate’s professional background, goals, and what
about this opportunity is of greatest interest to them personally. Application materials should have the applicant’s name included as part of each file name and must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your name and "General Manager" in the subject line.
We request all applications to be submitted by August 10th.
OKC Rep is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents, veterans, and/or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
September 1, 2021 -