ACT of Connecticut
RIDGEFIELD, CT 06877
ACT of CT (A Contemporary Theatre of Connecticut), a non-profit AEA professional theatre located in beautiful Ridgefield, CT, is seeking a General Manager. The General Manager provides administrative and operational management for the theater, manages the administrative matters that affect the day-to-day strategic operation and activities of ACT of CT and supervises non-production staff.
• Works in conjunction with ACT of CT’s Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Producing Director to develop and oversee the execution of the annual budget (including per show budget). General Manager provides day to day oversight of the financial wellbeing of the company.
• Oversees the bookkeeper to monitor annual operating budget/cash flow, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, taxes, cash receipts, etc. Coordinate reconciliation of annual budget/expenses and prepares documentation for external audits and year-end tax filings. Prepare financial reports as needed in conjunction with the bookkeeper and accountants for the company.
• Coordinates and oversees the execution of all professional contracts for production and artistic staff, as well as Front of House and all show related staff; licensing and royalty payments.
• Oversees Front of House/Box Office/Concessions. Train new employees on ticketing system and concessions platforms.
• Oversees Company Management team and ensures proper execution of all company management duties, including payroll, contracting, transportation, housing, etc…
• Provides oversight of marketing function, including social media, website, public relations, relationships with reviewers and group sales in combination with Artistic Director and Producing Director.
• Manages all Human Resources required documentation, including new hire paperwork, tracking of healthcare reimbursement, vacation days and payments for all personnel, including production staff.
• Works with the Director of Development to provide support documentation and other necessary information for completion of grant applications as well as other funding opportunities for Company.
• Manages annual license renewals, inspections, information technology and insurance renewals.
• Develops new policies and procedures as needed in conjunction with Producing Director.
• Coordinates ACT venue rentals.
• Other tasks as identified and needed to ensure proper and complete operations of ACT of CT from a business and organizational perspective.
• Degree in business management or experience in operations.
• Theatrical leadership experience preferred.
• Must be extremely organized.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills.
Please submit your resume, a cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Position available immediately. For more information about ACT of CT.
ACT (A Contemporary Theatre) of Connecticut is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) professional theatre located in Ridgefield, CT. Founded in 2018, and led by Katie Diamond, Daniel C. Levine, and Bryan Perri, ACT of CT presents limited engagement runs of well-known musicals, as well as world-premiere productions by the next generation of writers and composers in the newly renovated Diamond Properties Performing Arts Center and Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Auditorium. In addition to fully produced mainstage productions, ACT of CT hosts an annual new works series, a “Broadway Unplugged” series, and an extensive education program including individual training, masterclasses, summer camp, professional workshops, and a year-round conservatory program for high school students. ACT of CT is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to inspiring, creating and nurturing a culturally diverse and equitable environment for its staff, creative teams, cast, crew members and audiences. ACT of CT does not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admission or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. ACT of CT is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an inclusive and discrimination-free environment.
November 16, 2020 -