Chicago Shakespeare Theater
A Regional Tony Award recipient, Chicago Shakespeare Theater is seeking an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and strategic individual to serve as Executive Director. The Executive Director will be a creative, energetic, and empathetic leader who has demonstrated the ability to advance the aspirations of an organization and who possesses the leadership skills necessary to effectively guide an organization through a time of change. An individual who can attract resources and talent, the ED will also have a demonstrated record of building strong teams, instituting effective systems and enhancing financial resources. As one of Chicago Shakespeare’s key ambassadors and fundraisers and executive leader, this individual must be a superb communicator and relationship builder who can effectively engage a range of interested parties such as staff, board, artists, community partners, donors, civic leaders, peers, and the media in both public and private settings.
Working in partnership with the Artistic Director, the Executive Director reports to the board of directors and will live within the Chicago Metropolitan area.
Ideal experience for this position includes:
· 10‑plus years of experience in the performing arts, with at least five years of experience leading a performing arts organization or serving as a member of a senior leadership team.
· Enthusiasm for and commitment to raising financial support for the Theater's work from contributed and earned revenue sources. An aptitude and eagerness for working with funding partners such as individuals, foundations, corporations and government and a creative, innovative approach to financially supporting the Theater's art and service.
· Demonstrated leadership in Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access, including experience interacting empathetically with interested parties of varying views and backgrounds and pursuing measurable outcomes that advance an organization’s IDEA goals.
· Experience hiring, developing, and motivating a strong, unified team. Experience working with a union is preferred.
· Strong financial and operational acumen and experience overseeing multiple functions.
· Experience serving as an ambassador for an organization, representing the Theater to a range of external interested parties, such as donors, local government and civic leaders, peer and partner organizations and the media. Demonstrated commitment to meaningful and mutually beneficial community partnerships, such as high-quality education programs.
· Experience collaborating with a board, including developing and evaluating strategic priorities.
The estimated annual base salary range for this position is $285,000 to $315,000. Actual base salary will be dependent on the individual’s skills, experience, and qualifications.
Full job description is located at: hhttps://www.chicagoshakes.com/leadershipsearch
Chicago Shakespeare Theater has retained the leadership advisory firm Spencer Stuart to support it in the search for the next Artistic Director. Please send an e-mail message your resume and statement of interest to [email protected].
$285,000.00 – $315,000.00 per year
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.