New York, NY 10018
Alchemation is seeking an Executive Coordinator to provide full-time support to Kevin McCollum. This position is ideal for a proactive communicator who is incredibly organized and is excited to work in a role that is a linchpin in maintaining the day-to-day operations of a dynamic commercial producing office.
Alchemation is a theatrical and media producing company committed to the development and presentation of new work. Founded in 2011, Alchemation has mounted productions on Broadway, the West End, and on tour throughout the United States. Current projects include SIX and MRS. DOUBTFIRE on Broadway and numerous other productions in development including THE NOTEBOOK and THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.
· Manage intricate calendars, contacts, and lines of communication for an entertainment executive
· Work closely with office staff to execute a variety of administrative tasks surrounding show openings, major industry events, investor relations, rehearsal processes, etc.
· Draft correspondence to (and maintain relationships with) agents, artists, investors, and other crucial industry stakeholders
· Direct internal meetings and take and distribute meeting minutes
· Arrange frequent domestic and international travel
· Track and communicate office/internal calendar regularly
· Oversee responsibilities of support staff, including managing investor communications, creating expense reports for producers, covering scripts, etc.
· Liaise with GM department to coordinate executive schedules
General office duties, such as copying, scanning, maintaining accurate filing systems, ordering supplies, and arranging hospitality for meetings
Other responsibilities and personal assistant tasks as assigned
· Passion for the live arts
· Previous experience as an executive assistant
· General knowledge of the theater industry and New York City
· Ability to work independently with discretion and confidentiality
· Ability to be on call nights and weekends
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
Manage multiple priorities and expectations
Extremely detail-oriented and well organized
· Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
· Desire for professional growth
· Salary is commensurate with experience (range: $60k +/- $15k)
· Monthly ticket budget to see and report on theatrical productions happening in NYC and beyond (if desired)
· Benefits package includes health insurance and retirement benefits
To Apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter (of no more than one page) addressed to John Ban, Alchemation’s Director of Finance & Operations. Your cover letter should address your past experiences as it relates to this position, and what most excites you about the world of commercial theater.
Alchemation believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Alchemation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
$60k +/- $15k