Evanston Township High School
Evanston, IL 60201
EVANSTON TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL District 202
1600 Dodge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
POSITION: Evening Auditorium Technician - Category 4
REPORTS TO: Associate Principal for School Operations & Logistics
The purpose of the Evening Auditorium Technician is to provide technical and logistical support for a variety of events in the three theatre spaces at ETHS; Upstairs Theatre, Auditorium, and Little Theatre, as well as other spaces at ETHS. The Evening Auditorium Technician will also provide technical and logistical support to the ETHS Instructional & Informational Technology (IIT) Department as needed.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
1. Knowledge of basic audio-visual equipment including but not limited to: computers, projectors, etc.
2. Knowledge of stage technology and equipment including not limited to: lighting design and execution, sound design/recording/mixing using digital and analog systems
3. Computer skills in hardware, software, and applications.
4. Knowledge of auditorium equipment including but not limited to: stage rigging systems; band, choral and orchestral stage equipment, floor maintenance, and all safety code issues.
5. Knowledge of power and hand tools.
6. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including days and weekends, to be onsite for events as needed.
7. Ability to engage with diverse members of ETHS administration, faculty, staff, students, external customers and the Evanston community, collaboratively, tactfully and courteously at all times.
8. Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, periodically spend extended periods on your feet, and the ability to walk up and down stairs often.
9. Knowledge of video/sound editing applications preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month
WORK SCHEDULE: -Tuesday-Saturday--2:00-10:30pm
-Must be able to work flex hours including Sundays and Mondays and overtime hours as needed for events
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling and significant finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires sitting, walking, and standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
ETHS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability
EVANSTON TOWNSHIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
October 11, 2021 -
$35K - $43K