Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a Director of Production and Facilities. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theaters on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP presents a year-round schedule of six to nine original productions featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its two-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Director of Production and Facilities reports to the Producing Director. This is a full-time, exempt position that requires flexibility in schedule, including nights and weekends. Responsibilities include:
- Recruit, hire, train and oversee the full-time, seasonal and over-hire production team members. lead production meetings and technical rehearsals, create physical production budgets and annual production budget, negotiate Designer contracts, serve as liaison with all designers, advance all potential productions in the Playhouse’s Visiting Artist Series, coordinate all production elements for the Playhouse's annual Gala and other special events
- Develop and implement a prioritized plan for the upkeep, preventative maintenance, and improvement of Playhouse facilities and technology, including the Deck, a 170-seat restaurant adjacent to the Playhouse.
- Serve as the direct point of contact for the Playhouse’s third-party IT provider.
· 5+ years in a production management position or transferable capacity
· A positive, team-oriented attitude
· Knowledge and experience in leading various disciplines of theatrical production
· Knowledge of building/facility as well as IT services and operations. Restaurant experience a plus
· Strong attention to detail and follow-through in a prompt and efficient manner
Health benefits available, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Employee discounts available.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references. Include “Director of Production and Facilities” in the subject line. No phone calls please.