Terry Knickerbocker Studio
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Creative Business Inc. Is assisting our client ( Terry Knickerbocker Studio) in their search for a Full - Time Operations Director.
Terry Knickerbocker Studio is a premier Two-Year Acting Conservatory located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We serve over 300 adult students per year. Clients and former students include top-level talent in the Film/TV Industry, including Emmy Rossum, Boyd Holbrook, and Sam Rockwell. We are dedicated to maximizing every student’s artistic potential and tying that to success in the industry.
The faculty, staff, and students of Terry Knickerbocker Studio strive to uphold the integrity of our brand and mission statement: “Training the passionate actor committed to excellence”.
We are dedicated to achieving excellence by providing the best quality service for our current and prospective clients, as well as our own employees and faculty members.
The Operations Director we are looking for is capable, passionate and aligned with our mission. They will ensure that our Acting Studio is productive and profitable by successfully managing the daily activities and operations of the employees, staff, processes, procedures, space and finances.
The scope of responsibility for this role is vast and requires an extensive and comprehensive knowledge of diverse business processes and operational activities. In addition, the ideal candidate must be extremely organized, a critical thinker and a dynamic leader who can discover and implement the most effective and efficient ways to run the business and help establish best practices at all levels of the operation.
The goal is to augment and accelerate the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate development and long-term success and growth.
● Collaborate with the Studio Director to make decisions regarding operational activities and set strategic goals.
● Lead weekly staff meetings and monthly operation meetings to make sure our work is aligned with our strategic goals
● Plan and monitor the day-to-day business activities to ensure smooth progress and an exceptional experience for our students (clients), staff, and faculty.
● Supervise staff from different departments at every level and provide constructive feedback
● Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
● Work closely with our bookkeeper, accountant, and strategic advisor to review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
● Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation for students, faculty, and employees. Oversee HR, performance reviews, monthly payroll and annual teacher agreements.
● Plan and implement large national and international program goals both for enrollment, and strategic partnerships.
● Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
● Responsible for facilities management and any necessary lease negotiations.
● Coordinate any initiatives related to expanding our space or moving to new space, including working with brokers, landlords, architects and contractors.
● Ensure that the company is run with legality and conformity to established regulations and best practices at every level of the business.
● Proven experience as a Director of Operations or equivalent position for a $3-5 million dollar organization
● Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
● Outstanding communication and people skills
● Knowledge of the entertainment industry and the education industry is a plus
● Superior problem-solving skills
● Analytical thinker
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively
● In depth knowledge of diverse business/operations functions and principles including, but not limited to, Sales, Marketing, AR, AP, faculty relations, and HR
● Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics across business functionality (sales, marketing, Finance, etc.)
● Familiar with a variety of software and technology including, CRMs, Filemaker, Google Suite, Adobe, Microsoft Suite, etc.
● BA in business administration or relevant field, MBA will be a plus but not required
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, and 401K contributions after a customary waiting period.
We believe in investing in our employees, in challenging them, in providing a platform for them to succeed, because we see that when our employees are successful that translates to our business being successful.