Baltimore Center Stage
Baltimore, MD 21202
Baltimore Center Stage seeks a confident, collaborative, leader for the position of Director of Finance. The Director of Finance is a direct report to the Managing Director and works closely with senior department heads. This position will help lead the conversation around and about institutional issues that have theater-wide impact, and shares in the responsibility and leadership of Baltimore Center Stage, while holding responsibility for the management of institutional fiscal resources. This position participates in the weekly department heads meeting and will collaborate enthusiastically with a team of dedicated peers in administration, production, development, and artistic departments.
Annual salary $85,000 plus standard company health benefits and paid time off.
The primary responsibility is to manage the direction of all accounting, finance, and benefits administration, and is a key collaborator in institutional strategic planning
Specific tasks include:
Accounting and Finance related –
- Hire and supervise Finance Office personnel and consultants
- Monitor and manage all financial aspects of the organization including operating, capital, and any campaign related funds
- Develop and recommend on-going policies on budgeting, cost control, and financial reporting
- Schedule and manage the annual budgeting process as well as produce monthly updates and variance reports
- Direct endowment managers and custodial management working closely with the Board Investment Committee
- Manage banking relationships and reporting including loan covenants
- Project cashflow and manage cash needs and short-term investments
- Maintain insurance and benefits administration relationships
- Monitor and manage operating budgets for administrative costs, fringe benefits, taxes, miscellaneous income, investment income, and special projects
- Review month-end accounting results and coordinate year-end annual audit and 990 preparation
- Prepare and review grant budgets as requested
- Act as staff liaison to Board Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees
- Produce multi-year budgets for strategic planning purposes
Personnel related –
- Supervise the administration of the Center Stage Retirement Plan & Trust, including preparation of annual census, payments, reports, and amendments
- Manage agent and vendor relationships for pension, health and other insurances, and unemployment and worker’s compensation insurance
Key Expectations for Job Performance
· Confident and collaborative. Confidence in one’s own expertise and a commitment to enthusiastically collaborate with multiple departments.
· Resilient and adaptable: A person who thrives in the uncertainty our world presents and is “up for the challenge” will be a significant asset.
Characteristics of the next departmental leader may include:
Please submit a resume plus an expression of interest addressing the following: interest in the position and specific relevant skills
To maintain an equitable process, please do not submit unsolicited candidate recommendations or directly contact Baltimore Center Stage regarding this position. Apply Here
Every applicant’s resume will be seen by the Managing Director. After reviewing all applications fully, select applications will move forward. The Managing Director will conduct the first round of interviews, that will occur on a rolling basis and will be conducted over the phone or Zoom, starting in mid-January. The Managing Director will recommend applicants for interviews with the Senior Staff members, Board Treasurer, and Chair of Audit Committee by February. An offer is expected to be made in mid to late February.
The position is expected to start March 15, 2021 however the position will remain open until successfully filled.
March 15, 2021 -