Broadway Licensing and its family of divisions: Playscripts, Dramatists Play Service and Broadway On Demand, act as full-service theatrical partners specializing in the development, production and worldwide distribution of new and established theatrical properties. Approaching the licensing and theatrical streaming universe with a wholly personal and producorial vision, the company partners with authors, agents and producers to harness the power derived from embracing the intersection of art and commerce, fulfilling Broadway’s long-held promise of being the ‘longest street in the world’.
The primary focus for the Director of Amateur Play Licensing is to work in partnership with producing organizations on behalf of representative authors promoting their works. They will analyze the global market and build relationships based around that analysis to promote our authors’ shows into each organizations’ season. They will develop relationships with licensees and gain an intimate understanding of their organizational needs, ultimately finding solutions to address those needs while increasing revenue for our authors. The Director will also be a key member of the Broadway Licensing Acquisition Team, identifying new plays, new voices, and new strategies to promote, amplify diversity and build a stronger foundation of the American Theatre.
The Director reports to the VP of Licensing. They will manage a team of licensing associates and potentially interns and contractors. We are looking for a new team member who is highly motivated, clearly focused on growth, strongly skilled in their judgment, decision making, critical thinking, and coordination abilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Proactively develop relationships with Artistic Directors, Producers, and theatre makers at all levels.
· Utilize and harness proprietary data to develop and implement strategies that drive revenue for our representative authors.
· Actively partner with producing organizations to assist in seasonal programming strategies while intimately learning each organization’s audience, demographics, and casting goals.
· Negotiate licensee contracts with an eye on protecting our authors’ copyright.
· Analyze industry trends and assess new works, promote new voices, and amplify diversity.
· Represent Broadway Licensing within the industry and at key industry functions.
· Additional responsibilities as required
· Ability to keep up in a team that thrives on speed and accuracy
· Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and written and oral communication skills
· Calm under pressure with a can-do attitude
· Strong supervisory, leadership skills and team oriented
· Superior attention to detail and time management
· Deep passion for Arts, Culture, Media with an understanding of streaming technologies
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
This is a full-time, in office, position in a fun and friendly, yet hard working environment. Salary is commensurate with experience. Broadway Licensing offers excellent benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.
Please send a cover letter and resume
Start Date: available immediately.
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.